Tuesday, August 25, 2009

People amaze me...

So, once again, I am sitting at Barnes and Noble, writing. Wait a second...I've actually been writing. I've been on a roll, which is nice, but I swear I have ADD. I've been all kinds of caught up in my story, but I cannot help but listen to all this crap going on around me. I think this is why I normally listen to music while writing, so I can tune everyone out. (Note to self--bring iPod next time!) Let's talk about these people and their lack of discretion. 


For starters, there's the woman sitting two tables down from me, talking on her phone...And none too quietly. She's sipping her coffee, flipping through some religious books, and gossiping on the phone. She is going on and on about people at her church and how hypocritical and judgmental they are. In the same breath though, she's talking about one guy in church who cheated on his wife, repeatedly, and then still dared to show up in church. Granted, there's something about being adulterous in the Bible, but she's calling him all sorts of names and I can't help but wonder where she gets off acting like that? I'll admit that I wasn't all that into her conversation until she said, "Well, you know Jenny is gay. I can't believe they still let her in church." Whoever she's on the phone with said something and she started backpedaling, "Well, no, I mean, I know she's still a person, but c'mon, you know it's wrong." Then she was completely silent for a moment and then said, "I had no idea you were gay too. I'm sorry." I don't think she was sorry. She then launched into an attack on some other lady. I wonder if she's Christian...I wonder who her god is that he's all right with her talking smack about people...I wonder if he also condones strange tattoos...I'm just sayin'...



Then there's the girl who works here. She was going on and on with a co-worker about how her ex just got in touch with her. "I haven't talked to him in five years!! He's married with two little girls." The other girl was all, "How did he find you?" The first girl, "He called me. I have the same number." Weird that he'd remember her number, but whatever. She launched into a story about how he ended up marrying this girl three months after they broke up...The other girl asked, "Aren't you married?" She quickly said, "Well, yeah, but..." Seriously!? She was insisting that she's happily married and loves her life. The other girl asked, "Then why did you talk to him?" (Thank you other girl!! I was wondering the same thing!) She had no response. What the fuck is wrong with people??? You cannot be "happily married" if you still take calls from your ex for no apparent reason. I know why she took the call. She knows too. She's still not over him! Fucking idiot. 


I ask though...Who has these conversations in public!? I don't get it. Talk about this shit in your car. Talk about it at home. Talk about it in a church confessional, for all I care. But don't talk about this shit where other people can hear you!! It's just...weird...


Okay, enough venting...Back to writing...I need ear plugs!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh but if people did not talk all this crap up in public,think how bland your B&N people watching blogs would be! No need to thank me~ signed...your momma

    ReplyDelete