Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shhh, don't tell my mom!

I went on Sunday to lunch at Ah-So with Phoenix, her niece Grumpy, Grumpy's daughter Cutie Pie, and Phoenix's mom. Ah-So is one of those teppanyaki places. I love watching those guys cook...Well, the ones besides the guy we got who was new at it. It took a long time and nothing was timed that well. Plus, no real tricks. Bah! Oh well. The food was FABULOUS!


After this, we went to the mall to get a new tongue bar for Phoenix. She took hers out like two weeks ago to clean it and realized it wasn't in the best of condition, so she needed a new one. Anyway, we went to Hot Topic and found one. Of course, they had their stuff on sale for buy one, get one half off, so I then decided I desperately needed a new hoop for my cartilage piercing in my ear. I've had a plain silver hoop in it and it's just so boring. I loved the rainbow hoop I'd had before, but I have no idea what happened to it after I took it out for student teaching. (I didn't want the kids to know I'm gay...Phoenix says they knew anyway because even blind people know I'm gay...She loves me, I swear.) Anyway, I ended up with a small package of semi-hoops with points on them and they're silver and lavender. I should've paid closer attention when buying them because these hoops were like 10 times larger than the one I had! It hurt like a mo-fo to put in!! I had to have Grumpy do it because I couldn't do it to myself and Phoenix refused to help. Let me just say that it was like repiercing my ear again, only in slow motion and by a girl holding a sleeping baby!! Nice, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. In the end, we got it in and I've been dealing with the pain.


Okay, so maybe not 10 times bigger, but look...
Photobucket
Photobucket
PS: My camera phone takes shitty pics...Still, you can see the difference in thickness...


After the mall, we found a tattoo shop to get Grumpy's tongue pierced. Whilst there, I refrained from getting pierced or tatted, but mostly only because I was broke. Phoenix wanted me to pierce my tongue again, but I said no because I hated biting it so much when I first got it before. Plus, I used to play with mine far too much. I'm also not ballsy enough to get anything pierced that requires the removal of clothing. So, we left there with Phoenix telling me I'm a wussy. I had considered getting my Labret done, but again, I was broke. Once home, Phoenix was like, "You're not down. You won't do it!" Seriously? What are we, five? I'm not a wussy, nor am I able to back down from a challenge...


Photobucket


Yup, I got my labret pierced. Yes, I seriously pierced my face...It hurt a bit, but it's all good now.


The moral of the story is this...Don't call me a wussy. lol Seriously though...Don't tell my mom; I think she's going to flip out. I didn't even warn her about this one like I did every other time I've gotten pierced...

1 comment:

  1. My daughter has a hole in her face and I don't mean her pie-hole OMG! I am going to let YOU tell grandma, I don't want to hear her rantings about it, but then again you can do no worong in grammas eyes. I do hear her, "hmm, hmm, hmmm, hmmm, hummm" though and can envision the shaking of her head in such a way only a Jewish gramma can do! You are so in trouble!

    ReplyDelete