Thursday, July 7, 2011

I got this...

Today, we dropped Hurricane and Sir-Complains-A-Lot off at daycare and then went to run errands. After that, we went to go see Larry Crowne. It was all right...Another typical chick flick. I could write a chick flick in my sleep...They're so predictable. It was nice to get away though. After this, we had to go to Autozone because our car doesn't want to start half the time. I told Phoenix, "It's the battery." She says, "Just give it some gas; it'll start." I said, "It's a new car! You don't need to pump the gas to start it like an old car! It's the battery!" Yup...It was the battery. The guy at Autozone tested it and as he was hooking up the machine, he was saying, "Jeep is so stupid. They put these shields on the batteries that are supposed to prevent them from freezing, but they keep them hot and kill them faster." Then he tested it and said, "Yup. Bad battery." So, $110 later we had a new battery and some tools that the guy loaned me so I could change it. It's like one hundred degrees outside and I was out there trying to change the battery...My hair was blowing in my face...I had sweat dripping down my face...Grease all over my hands....And Phoenix says, "You know...You should be wearing something sexy while you do this. That would be hot." *straight face* Are you kidding me? Something sexy? I'm changing a freakin' battery! I was hot, sweat, and greasy! There's nothing sexy about that!! Yeah, I didn't have much to say on that topic...I pretty much said, "I'm going to blog about this." All I really wanted was a baseball cap or something to hold back my hair. Apparently, the baseball cap would've been sexy too.


As I was finishing up, I asked, "Can you get me a napkin to wipe off my hands? I'm all greasy." Phoenix says, "Yes." She goes into the car, gets a napkin, comes back, wipes off part of my arm, then says, "I'm so sweaty." She then proceeds to wipe off her forehead. Again, are you kidding me? I'm greasy and sweaty and she, the one who isn't helping, is using my napkin to wipe off her sweat. This is pretty much our relationship in a nutshell...At the end of putting it all back together, Phoenix says, "I wouldn't have told the guy I could do it myself. I would've let him put it in for me." This is the absolute truth. She will allow everybody to do everything for her, while I will say, "I got this." I say, "I got this" even when I don't got it. I often wonder how the heck we're together since we're like polar opposites...

No comments:

Post a Comment