Thursday, November 29, 2012

I hope a house falls on me...

I am pretty sure I have lost all faith in my job and the company I work for today. I really don't think I was ever cut out to work in corporate America, but really, it's just got to be too much. I'm just done. I applied for two other positions at work. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything on either position...And come to find out, the one position, which sounded like they were going to hire a group of people to become interim team leaders, was apparently for one position. *rolls eyes* Someone needs to read the fucking emails they send out before they send them because the wording is almost always misleading. As for the other position, well, it turns out they're still not sure how that new position is going to work and it's more or less on hold. Of course it is...Why on earth would they have it all figured out before they post for the position? That would make too much sense. And then here's the kicker...This fucking bastard on my team interviewed for a trainer position even though he's been there less than a year. He's been there 9 months and he's already applying for other jobs. We are all told we have to stay in our position for a minimum of one year before we can apply for anything else...unless of course you're a fucking misogynist asshole...then you get special privileges. He has a second interview for it tomorrow. He's all, "Oh, I went to school to be a teacher." Yeah, a fucking PE teacher, you fucking moron! Doesn't that qualify you to wear a whistle and yell at kids to pick up the pace as they jog around a track? Because I'm pretty sure that's all my PE teachers ever did! They're not even REAL TEACHERS!!


Yeah, I'm a jerk. I'm okay with that. Seriously though...You know I'm right about PE teachers. What the fuck ever. I just smiled and went along with his stupid fucking nonsense and wished him luck even as I hoped a house would fall on me and put me out of misery. Yes, I said a house. *rolls eyes* I'm so over this bullshit. These new people are hired and immediately think because they've survived training that they deserve these other jobs and somehow, they're all scoring jobs while those of us who've been in the trenches for years are left to wither away and become bitter. And all I've done is become our group's bitch. No seriously, it's true. On Thanksgiving, my boss' boss asked me to play Team Leader on the floor until an actual team leader came in at like 1:30 that day. I was happy because then I didn't have to deal with being on the phone...And now, because I did such a great job, they've asked me to give up my Christmas so I can play team leader again. I get holiday pay on those days, but I would even if I was taking calls. And whereas this may "look" good, it's not doing shit to get me a different job. Nothing I do is getting me ahead. I've gone along with all of my boss' ideas and suggestions and I'm still just a chump taking a calls. I'm fucking done. Seriously. I am going to study for my teaching tests and get the fuck out of there...Unfortunately, I worry that once I am a teacher, I'll be the sucker teacher too...You know, the one that does all the extra stuff and works her ass off, but never advances to even head of the department. I don't know why I even bother going the extra mile for everyone or anyone...People are just assholes and I'm done putting up with it. And anyone reading this who knows me knows that I'll be at work on Christmas, playing team leader, because that's what's expected of me and if we know anything about me, we know that I hate to disappoint. *slams head into desk*


Yup, so that pretty much sums up how I feel about shit...That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment