Saturday, March 9, 2013

"I see a beehive!"

This morning when I was taking the kids to daycare, they were in the backseat all talking crap to each other. I suppose it's normal that they argue with each other constantly, but it drives me completely nuts. And they argue about the dumbest crap. "I saw the red light first!" "No, I did!" And I'm like, "I'm pretty sure I saw it first since I stopped in time." The sarcasm is lost on them...Although sometimes I think Rapunzel gets it because she'll laugh. I'm not sure how the four year old catches on, but the older two are oblivious...
<br>
Anyway, this morning, we are cruising down the road leading to the freeway and we are passing by some farm-type houses. The kids say they're farms, but really, they're just older homes on big chunks of property with horses...and maybe a barn. I have yet to see a cow or chickens over there...Or fields of crops. The crops are by our house, but not connected to an actual farm. But I digress...So, we're driving and Rapunzel is like, "Look! A farm! I saw it first!" Nook says, "No, I did. I see a raven though." Ariel and Rapunzel ask, "What's a raven?" Nook replies, "It's a big black bird." I was surprised that he knew that, but I nodded in agreement because he was definitely right. And then the funny part of the conversation started...
<br>
Ariel-- "I see a beehive!"<br>
Nook-- "A beehive? You can't see a beehive!" <br>
Ariel-- "Oh, no...A nest. I see a nest. It's in that tree over there." *she points*<br>
Nook-- "You can't see a nest in a tree. It's way up high! You can't see it. Stop lying!" <br>
Ariel-- "Yes, I can! I'm not deaf!" <br>
*I burst into laughter*<br>
Nook-- "Deaf means you can't talk!"<br>
Me-- "Deaf means you can't hear. I think you meant blind."<br>
Ariel-- *giggling* "Oh. I am not blind." <br>
Meanwhile, during all of this, Rapunzel was strangely silent...I'm pretty sure that she was back there working out her final plans for world domination. I'm like 99% sure that's what she does whenever she's quiet...

No comments:

Post a Comment