Monday, December 23, 2013

I get no respect...

Tonight at work I went to the bathroom and as I was walking out, a girl started to open the door and almost hit me. Since I was at work I was polite and totally unlike myself. Normally, I'd be like, "Dude! WTF?" And I'd say that in a crazy French accent because it sounds cooler that way. But it's work, so I'm all, "Oh, excuse me," and I stepped back to let her in. She stops, looks at me confused, leans back and to the side--clearly looking at the sign outside the door signaling that it's the girl's bathroom--then looks back at me, still confused, before giving me a weird look and walking past me. Now at this point in time, I once more was overcome by the urge to bust out in a French accent and be all, "Dude! WTF!?" But alas, I was still at work and I had to pretend to be civilized...So I walked off.


I went back to my team and one of the girls was between phone calls and I was all, "Dude, check this out..." I related the story from above and ended it with, "I'm kind of offended. I don't look that much like a boy." She nearly fell out of her chair laughing. Like her face was as red as her fiery hair. Evil Irish girl...I glared at her as I said, "Thanks for the support." She only laughed harder. Finally, when she composed herself, she said, "Maybe she wasn't looking at the sign. I'm reading this book that says we should give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they have good intentions." I shook my head as she held up some little self-help book. I replied, "I hate self-help books. I want to write an anti-self-help book! Like a book that tells you how to be more evil." *cue evil laughter and maybe some rubbing hands together evilly* She rolled her eyes at me and shook her head as she said, "No one will read that book." Silly girl...I bet people would read it.
<br>
So, a few minutes after this, I call Phoenix to tell her goodnight since I'm on this shift where we never see each other anymore. I relate the above story to her and she laughs too...Not quite as much as the girl on my team, but she laughs nonetheless. I tell her that I don't look that much like a boy and she says, "Yes you do." *le sigh* Jerks. I told the girl on my team that Phoenix laughed too and she asked, "Man, you don't have much support, do you?" Ya think? *rolls eyes*
<br>
Where's the love? I feel a little like Rodney Dangerfield--I get no respect...

No comments:

Post a Comment