Saturday, September 5, 2009

A coincidence?

For the last couple of months or so, I've been getting random calls from a local AZ number. I don't know who the person is and until last night, I had no idea it was even a girl calling. Normally, the person calls at various times of the day or night (anywhere from the middle of the afternoon until the middle of the night). When I answer, I say, "Hello?" and there is no reply, but the line is open, so I know someone is listening. Last week the person called at almost midnight and I put them on speaker phone so Phoenix could hear what I was talking about when I said they were obviously still on the phone. You could hear static and background noises. That night I said, "Fuck off" and hung up on them. I had hoped that would stop it...But let's face it, this is my life and that's not the end...


Last night, we had a mini Grey's Anatomy marathon after we went to family game night. (Family game night sort of sucked since we got there late because Phoenix worked and didn't get off until it had already started....The real problem though was that they were playing Risk. Phoenix and I ended up playing Rummy and Old Maid with her niece.) As for Grey's Anatomy, I didn't watch the show until this season, so we've been getting the old seasons from Netflix and watching them. (She's already seen all the shows, but she watches with me.) Anyway, we had watched three episodes last night before calling it a night. By then, it was a little after 2am. I went and washed my face, brushed my teeth, etc, and was about to hop into bed at about 2:20am. I was remarking about our cat being on crack and running around the house as she always does at that time of night when my phone rang. As luck would have it, it was that foreign number. WTF? I answered it with a gruff, "Hello!" This time I was granted with a girl saying "Hello" right back at me. I wasn't surprised that it was a girl...In fact, so little surprises me anymore. I might've been surprised if it were, say, Freddy Krueger or Ed McMahon from the Great Beyond to notify me that I would've won the Publisher's Clearinghouse if he had only lived for one more year...But I digress...I once more said "Hello" and the girl did the same. Phoenix asked who it was and as I pulled the phone away from my face, I said it was some strange girl, but I heard the girl say something else. I immediately asked, "What?" She repeated the, "What?" It was at this point that I realized I was dealing with a 2-year-old. Okay, probably not, but definitely some bitch with the mentality of a 2-year-old. I asked, "Who is this?" In a bitchy tone, the girl asked, "Who is this!?" I hung up. They called right back and Phoenix insisted on answering. I wonder if she thought it was someone she knew. Of course, when she answered no one said a word. Dumbasses. I was pissed. I don't know who this bitch is who has my number, but I'm done playing these childish games. I went to my computer and Googled the number. It's supposedly a land line here in the Phoenix area. Whatever. I'm not going to pay money to find out a name...I'm not sure I really want to know who it is or how they got my number.


As I sat here at my computer, listening to Phoenix say that it was probably someone trying to get a hold of someone who used to have my number (I've had my number since November.), my phone rang again. This time it was the gate here at our place. We have it set up so that people can dial a specific number at the gate, which then calls me, so I can talk to the people at the gate and let them in...or not. It's kind of cool. I once let Phoenix in the gate all the way from California. Haha. Anyway, so I answer it only because I was already agitated and I can't imagine who in their right mind is at the gate at 2:27am. (The first call came in at 2:25, the second at 2:26, and the gate at 2:27...weird, huh?) So, I'm all, "Hello?" Immediately, I get a girl's voice, "Let me in!" WTF!? I have no clue if it's the same girl who'd been calling me, but it's weird and now I'm freaked out. I couldn't tell if it was the same girl because the gate voicebox thing makes everyone sound staticy. But if the number really is a landline, then there's no way she could be at the gate...right? It was all too weird.


By then I was pissed and about to go handle some shit. This morning, Phoenix said we should've gone down to the gate to see who it was...Yeah, hindsight, I tell ya. Instead, I hung up on the girl without a word. I sat here for a few minutes before I decided to go outside to check things out. Our cars were as we had left them and I couldn't see any cars cruising the parking lot. And no, I was not lame enough to go downstairs and look around...I looked around from a vantage point above everything and I had my trusty piece of shit cell phone with me...just in cases. I have no clue what was going on. (On a side note, we know a cop who works this area and we found out that there were two calls here at the complex for burglary...And one was not far from our apartment. Coincidence?)


It took me forever to fall asleep last night. I was worried that perhaps someone Phoenix knows gave my number out to someone who shouldn't have it, but she says I'm paranoid...I'm not sure why that makes me paranoid since this certain someone got her number before, but whatever...I can only imagine it would be more fun to torture me by directly contacting me than to go through Phoenix. That's just my thinking though. Then I was trying to figure out who was at the gate. It shows most of my name on the box, so I'm not sure how people could mis-dial, you know? My last name is NOT common and it's only part of my first name that gets hacked off. (And no, I'm not throwing my last name out here on the Internet...) I ended up having bad dreams all night long. Phoenix told me that I was "talking" (mumbling) in my sleep all night long. I'm not at all surprised. Then I woke up this morning from a nightmare and as I tried to shake it off, there was a loud crashing noise that almost sent me flying out of bed. I thought for sure someone was busting in the apartment, but it was just thunder...


I fell asleep sometime after 3am this morning I woke up at 8-something this morning. I was never able to go back to sleep because of the thunder and I was on edge. I'm not sure why someone would want to mess with me since I haven't done anything to anyone...It's not cool though...And I know...You guys are all disappointed because this isn't a funny blog...Well, unless you count this part. Here's the number for this person who keeps messing with me. (623) 587-8140. Feel free to prank that number whenever you feel like it...Just block your number so that she can't call you back. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment