Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm surrounded by idiots!!

I'm not going to lie--I can't stand idiotic people...I also can't stand general rudeness for no purpose. I mean, if I piss you off and then you're rude to me, I could kind of understand, you know? But doing rude things just for the hell of it is bull----! Anyway, I believe we (the regular folk) are being overthrown by idiots. Allow me to explain...


After my Starbucks interview and going to eat, Phoenix and I went to the Verizon store to have them swap out my phone. It likes to get stuck on stupid when I hang up or when I'm texting. What I mean is that if I hang up, it will stay on the screen showing I'm on the phone until I take the battery out and reset the whole phone. It started doing it sometimes, but now it's pretty often. I had taken my phone in before and the guy said, "Oh, it needs to be updated." I updated it and it still did it. So, I took it back again to a different store. The guy said, "We'll swap it out, but we're out." He then told me of another store that had them, but it was way out of my way, so I dealt with the problem until yesterday. Might I also mention that one of my volume buttons is cracked? Whatever. It still works, but I would love to not have to disassemble my phone each time I hang up or worry about the stupid button.
<>
So, I go into the Verizon store and wait my turn, which took like 15 minutes. Finally, I get Gomer-freakin'-Pile as my guy. Seriously, the guy was a dork and apparently pissed off about something because he was an ass monkey. So, I tell him the problem with the phone and explain that another Verizon store said they'd exchange it, but they were out. He asked which store. I tried to confirm with Phoenix that it was the store in Scottsdale, but apparently, she wanted no part of this conversation because she shrugged at me. Thanks, sweetheart. (I'm still new to the area and don't know where Phoenix ends and these other cities begin...) The guy tells me that there's a new update for the phone that is supposed to fix it. I said, "That's what they told me a couple of months ago. It didn't work!" He said they had to do it there at the store, that it's a new update, and it would take 30 minutes. I was not happy about this, but I complied with Gomer.


I used the time I had to wait to get my drug test done for my job. This took about an hour or so. Then, I dropped Phoenix off at the eye doctor's shop to order a pair of glasses before going back. By the time I got back to the Verizon store, I'd been gone for about an hour and fifteen minutes. I waited in line once more while this woman complained about her phone going haywire. After examining the phone, the Verizon guy, not Gomer Pile, but his pal, Andre the Giant (Seriously, the guy was like 7 feet tall.), finally took off the back of the phone and saw that every tab on the battery and phone was glowing red--Yes, the phone had gotten wet!! It took him ten minutes to figure that out!? I would've looked at that first! The lady then started to sputter, "Whh-wh-what? I never got it wet!" Yeah, lady, save your lies for someone gullible and move out of my way! When I got up there, the guy asked me what kind of phone it I had. I said, "It's a black flip phone. All it says is Verizon on it." He said, "What kind?" I said, "I don't know! It's a black, flip phone, piece of crap!" He looked at me like I was some kind of idiot. Seriously, my phone does not have a model number or name on it anywhere. He goes into the backroom and is gone for a while. When he returns, he says, "Let me see your receipt." I show it to him and then he's gone for a while again. (Mean time, Phoenix is supposed to be getting glasses and calling me to tell me where to pick her up at...) When he comes back this time, he comes out with two men in business suits and says, "It's going to be about another 10 minutes or so..."


I started a new paragraph simply because most of you can imagine what went through my head at that moment. I snapped to say the least. I didn't even care that there were like twenty other people in the store. I was all, "Excuse me? Another ten minutes? The other guy told me thirty minutes and that was over an hour ago! What the hell is the problem?" He replied, as the suits watched from the sidelines, "Well, I can't unplug it now; it'll ruin it." I wanted to tell this guy to go take a long walk off a short cliff, but I refrained and said, "Fine. Ten minutes? It better be ready when I get back..." And as I walked out, I continued to rant and rave by calling them all a bunch of fucking morons and a few other choice things!


I went to go find Phoenix. Luckily, she didn't walk to the Verizon store, which is what she almost did because it took me so long. When I located her though, I insisted that she had to go back in because if I did, I was going to punch Andre the Giant in his face for not being honest and telling me that the big-eared moron, Gomer Pile, didn't plug it in in the first place. She did go get it for me and the guy admitted that it hadn't started loading like it should've. She said, "We told you guys that there's a problem with the phone! Why wouldn't you check it? So, we would've been sitting here waiting for two hours had we stayed in the store?" Andre tried claiming they would've noticed. I'm telling you right now, they wouldn't have noticed!! I don't know who the suits were, but if they were the managers, they were shitty managers! No way in hell would I have stood by and watched a pissed off customer rant and rave in the middle of my store! Idiots!!


All the download apparently did was screw up all my settings...It still gets stuck. God, I'm so glad I wasted two hours of my time waiting for my phone for them to do absolutely nothing for me. *rolls eyes*


Speaking of idiots...This morning, I took Phoenix back to get her glasses because the idiots at the glasses place couldn't place her order last night. We had tried to go get her glasses before, but at the other Eye Masters, they had a woman who could barely speak English working and she was trying to charge Phoenix nearly full-price for her glasses, which should've been covered by insurance. So, last night, they said, "No, you have a pending approval at the other store." They had to have it erased today and put in for this store. It was a big hassle, but whatever, in the end, she's getting free glasses. Those aren't the idiots I want to talk about though...No, it's the idiot in the parking lot. I went down one aisle only to see a parking spot on the next aisle that wasn't in BFE, right? So, I go down the next aisle and I'm like four spaces away when this lady comes up the aisle the wrong way and parks her piece of shi-- little car in my space!! I was already over-tired from not sleeping well for the last two nights and then this lady did this to me? Oh hell no!


I guess Phoenix saw that I was now boiling under the surface because she said, "You cannot do a Madea on her!" Anyone seen Madea Goes to Jail? Go watch it. She moves this lady's car with a forklift...And then drops it. It was great. Madea wasn't what first came to mind--No, I thought of Fried Green Tomatoes when Kathy Bates crashes her car into that girl's VW Bug in the parking lot like ten times. I so wanted to bash that lady's car. Instead, I cursed her and flipped her the bird as I drove by. I also mumbled under my breath about it as we walked inside and I even resisted the urge to go accidentally key her car...(I don't key people's cars. These are simply urges, ideas if you will, that I had. I wouldn't follow through because I'm not that kind of person.) I even refrained from texting her license plate number to a cop I know to see if she had warrants out for her because then I would've left a note saying, "I know what you did last summer!" *grins*


Yeah, so watch out for the idiots...I think they are on the loose right now...I even had a lady at Starbucks offer me jalapenos today when I ordered my coffee. I said, "No, thanks. Jalapenos and coffee don't go together." She said, "Oh! I meant jalapeno--" I don't know what she said...Some kind of sandwich, I would presume. She also put whipped cream on my coffee and then said, "No, you said with whip." What I said was, "I would like a venti no whip mocha frappaccino," but apparently, she heard, "Please give me a venti mocha frap with copious amounts of whipped cream." Seriously guys...Watch out. Just run when you come across an idiot...They might try to recruit you!

No comments:

Post a Comment