Friday, September 25, 2009

I finally got a job!!

After nine months or so of looking for work, I actually found a part-time job that's not seasonal! WOO HOO!! I will start by next Wednesday or so. I believe they are waiting on the results of my drug test, which I should pass since I don't make it a habit of ingesting any drugs...Yeah, so the job is at Walmart Neighborhood Market and I shall be found in the deli on most afternoons and evenings. Let me tell you that I am already looking forward to the burns I'm sure I'll endure from deep-frying chicken and the cuts I'll get from the meat cutter...I can already foresee my clumsy ass waiting in the emergency room for stitches...


On the bright side of things, they are paying me way more than I thought they would (They're going to pay me more than Pizza Hut did!). I always hear how little Walmart employees make, which may be true, but perhaps that doesn't happen at their Neighborhood Markets. Eh, it doesn't matter. All I know is that they counted my years of food experience and gave me a 4/5 on experience, which qualified me for the higher wage. I'm cool with that. I'm also cool with the 10% discount I'll receive when shopping at Walmart or Walmart Neighborhood Market. In fact, some people I know are already asking when I will get this so they can start shopping...Well, at least my crappy job is good for something...Another plus is that now perhaps people will stop making stupid comments about my not working and basically insinuating that I wasn't looking. Apparently, I was looking afterall since Walmart doesn't typically go door-to-door to find employees. I'm just sayin'...


Even though I got the job, I went to the interview at Starbucks. This is more like a franchise of Starbucks and not the real thing because it's licensed to a company that runs the food service stuff at over 140 airports world wide. Anyway, it was a usual interview with questions asking what I would do in specific situations. I think that it went pretty good. Before going to the interiew, Phoenix and I discussed working there because it's about a 30 minute commute and Walmart is around the corner, so gas would cost more to work there. We decided that they would have to offer damn good money for me to take the position. At the end of the interview, I asked them what they pay the assistant managers there and honestly, I was expecting an hourly wage. The one guy (I had two guys in there tag-teaming me with questions.) said, "I can't remember an exact number, but it's somewhere between $32,000 and $46,000 depending on experience." Yup, I'd take that job if they offered it to me...


I'm just happy that I have a job and now I can keep looking for something I'd prefer to have. Also, now I don't have to feel guilty about writing. I was having such issues writing since it doesn't pay the bills, you know? Speaking of writing, I sent off my manuscript to two publishers today...They're both gay publishers, so the likelihood of their publishing my gay story (gay as in homosexual, not as in stupid) is greatly increased...Here's to hoping! I guess that's it for this bloggy blog...I have more to discuss, but that gets its own blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment