Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Working Out...

Well, as most of you know, I could stand to lose some weight. I was going to swim daily, but I'm not fond of sharing the pool with strangers, so that's pretty much out. I mean, I don't mind kicking back at the pool when others are out there, but I'm not cool doing laps as Chinese dudes sit next to the pool watching me and speaking their language back and forth to one another. I just know that they're saying things like, "Don't whales normally swim faster?" Or perhaps, "Does she really think swimming is going to help her?" I suppose they could be discussing anything from their pilot classes to how badly the Indian people's food smells. (Trust me, there's nothing worse than walking down the apartment hallway and get a whiff of Indian food...And for some reason, it's worse when it's really hot out. I don't know what spices they use, but the smell of their food violates my nostrils. Yeah, I said violates; deal with it.) But I digress...So, yeah, the swimming thing would've been nice, but it's a no go, which sucks because I have bad knees and that's totally low-impact on them. Oh well.


Phoenix wants to start hiking, but I've been putting off that idea. I have no desire to hike in the desert when there's snakes on the loose. Have I mentioned my hatred of snakes? Seriously, they're gross. We played racquetball on Monday and last night, as we watched The Biggest Loser (Do any of you watch the show? If so, isn't Tracey such a bitch? She was trying to screw everyone over!!) I suggested we play again. So, this morning we got up at 9am, which is early for us, and went to go play. We played for a little over thirty minutes. On the plus side, it was 83 degrees with a lovely breeze. Phoenix was kind enough to constantly point out my mistakes like, "You're supposed to hit the ball after one bounce, not two or more." And "You're supposed to run to hit it!" Or "It doesn't count as a work out if you watch me run circles around you!" (Okay, I'm kidding about the last one; I didn't sit down once.) My problem with this game is that I suck. She tells me to give it time since this is only my second time playing, but seriously, I've never sucked at a sport I tried to play...Well, unless you count golf, but I don't. I rocked at soccer, basketball, and softball from the get go. (Not adult softball though. I can't get used to the slow-pitch crap.) So, yeah, it's a bit frustrating. I'm sure I'll get better, but it's going to take time. Unfortunately, Phoenix's sister (Little Phoenix's and Goofy's mom) wants to play with us now. It's okay to suck in front of Phoenix because, well, because she's not going to mock me too much...But her sister, on the other hand, might have a field day making fun of how the ball goes sailing over my head sometimes or how I try so hard to hit the ball, but totally miss...According to Phoenix, I have "good form" when I do that...Good form, my ass, I look like an idiot...


Tomorrow morning we're going walking and perhaps check out the gym facility here at the apartments. More importantly, she decided that when she gets off work tonight, we're going to go buy a scale *cringes at the thought* and then we're going to Dave and Busters. I know, how random, huh? Let me get to the point...We have like 90 billion tickets on our D&B's card...Or maybe like 10,500, you know, whatever. Anyway, we're going to go use our tickets to get the Hamilton (Haha, I originally typed "Huntington Beach"!! Yeah, I'm not from Cali.) Beach Blender they have. It's awesome! Then we'll be able to make fruit smoothies with yogurt. We were saving our tickets for a Wii, but that'll have to wait...Plus, we get to go play games for a while because we have a ton of credits left! WOO HOO!! I love D&B's.


So, please wish us luck on our weight loss venture. I'm hoping to lose some weight along the way. I'm also hoping to get better at racquetball so that I don't look like a fool with great form...

No comments:

Post a Comment