Thursday, October 1, 2009

What the hell is the hold up!?

Okay, so I called Walmart on Tuesday because the woman who hired me had said that either she or this other woman would be in touch with me on Tuesday...I waited until late afternoon to call, so it's not like I was being impatient. When I called, the woman who hired me said that the other lady would be in touch with me on Thursday and basically made it sound as though all was well. Great. I don't really care, but I would like to start working, you know? I don't get paid for sitting here writing these blogs, although I should. Plus, people keep asking, "Did you start? How was your first day?" To which I reply, "Of course I started...I'm on a cycle here of 28 days and my first day was like all the rest...Cramps and crankiness, duh!" They probably don't mean that, huh? Which would explain the strange looks I get...


All joking aside, I would like to start so I can tell people I started and perhaps they'll leave me alone. So, yeah, here it is, Thursday night and I haven't heard anything from this other lady. I considered calling, but I don't want to seem impatient, you know? But I am impatient and this is bothering the hell out of me. My sister asked me earlier if I was sure I passed the drug test. I had to explain that since I've been out of work for so long, I had to kick the drug habit because I couldn't afford it...Once I start working though, I hope to pick up smoking crack once more. *grins*


In other news, I'm holding out hope that Starbucks calls with a job offer. Seriously, I would like a job with benefits and set hours. How nice would that be? Phoenix is holding out hope I get it too. Everything just sucks right now though because it's like every time things start too look up, it all goes to hell in a hand basket...And not a pretty hand basket like Dorothy has in The Wizard of Oz, but some shitty old tore up hand basket...Last week everything seemed so good. My mom was going to sell my transmission and engine from my old Nova to some fireman from L.A. who was going to put it in his truck so then I would have money to fix my car. Then Walmart called with the job offer. Then Starbucks wanted to interview me for a good position. I was thinking, "Finally!! Things are going to be okay again!" Then here it is a week later and Walmart hasn't started me. The fireman drove to my parents' house and decided that he wasn't going to get the engine because he thought it would come right out of the car (The ad said he'd have to pull it and I told him how to pull it out.) with little effort (Although, it's my understanding that my stepdad was the one doing the work while he watched...Moron.). So, no money for that. It makes no sense at all. It's like the Universe is all, "Here you go, Heather, I'm going to give you a break!" And I'm like, "Thanks, Universe. You're swell!" Then Universe goes, "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! JUST KIDDING! You totally thought life was going to be okay and it's not! SUCKER!" That's pretty much the story of my life.


No, I do not feel sorry for myself...I've grown accustomed to the Universe laughing in my face. Usually it provides laughter to those around me, so it's all good. Anyway, that's about it for today...I'm just sitting here, waiting for Godot...Er, um, I mean, Walmart. On the plus side, I've been writing for the last few days and I'm on page 50. I've been hauling butt through this story...I just hope it comes out as good as the first one. We'll see. I might also be posting a blog tomorrow about what I'm making for dinner tonight. A friend of mine gave me a recipe for tortillas, which I'm going to attempt to make. I'm not Mexican though, not even by association, so this might not work...We'll see...Wish me luck in my endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment