Saturday, September 19, 2009

You can call me, "Red"...

I really need to take time each day to blog, but I find myself usually too tired at the end of the day to write...Anyway, so, let's start with some good news...I have a job interview on Monday. It's for Walmart Neighborhood Market or whatever it's called. I'm not jumping for joy anything crazy like that since it's me and I'm not exactly known for jumping for joy or anything else for that matter...Now, if it was an interview on the Ellen Show, I'd probably jump--No, I still wouldn't. I'd be like, "Cool" and then go throw up in the bathroom from nerves. But I digress...At this point in time, any job would be fine with me. I need something to get by on, you know? So, please, cross your fingers...On the plus side, I'm sure that the customers at Walmart's grocery store would provide for great blog material!!


The other night I went to check out Phoenix's niece's blogs...She had heard that I blogged and decided to give it a go, which is awesome! I love reading blogs...Well, I just love reading, but that's not the point. She had posted one a while back, but it was some kind of joke, I think, like boredom meets blogs or something. Again, not the point. So, I read this first official one and it was so cute because she mentioned her Tia's girlfriend, whom she called, "Red". So, from here on out, Phoenix's niece shall be referred to as, "Little Phoenix". (They have the same name in real life, so why not similar nicknames? LOL) Little Phoenix though, said she thinks of me as a "cool person". Phoenix kept telling me that her nieces and nephews like me, but I was just like, "Uh-huh, sure..." I mean, yeah, I play around with them and I think they're a great bunch of kids, but that doesn't mean much, you know? So, I read this blog and it was like a big giant warm fuzzy because she said she thought I was cool and funny. It was so sweet. Now, if I were one of those sappy, lovey-dovey, mushy-gushy girls, I probably would've teared up a bit and been like, "Ahh, she likes me! She really really likes me!" But I'm not, so I smiled and felt a little bit better about the kids liking me...At the very least, Little Phoenix likes me and that's great because she's a kick in the pants. She has found things on youtube.com that I have never heard about...And she knows the entire "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" by heart. Don't know what that is? Well, here...Check it out. I LOVE IT! And if we decide to do our own cover of it, then I get to be Snape! (I want the most air time...)



In other news, we had Family Game Night last night at Phoenix's Dad's house. It was also his birthday, so we had green chile for dinner and then cake. Can I take a moment to say that I should've been Mexican? I LOVE ME SOME MEXICAN FOOD!! Why didn't my mom make me fabulous food like green chile??? Bah! (Oh yeah, my chimichangas the other night ROCKED!) So, after all the eating and such, we got presents from her dad and step mom. They'd gone to Sedona and brought back stuff for the kids, grand kids, and for the significant others. I got a groovy metal bookmark that looks like a Celtic cross. I was excited that they got me anything. It was rather amusing though because her dad picked up a bag of stuff and said, "We got presents for everyone...Here Heather..." And proceeded to pull out a clear plastic bag with a box for an MP3 player (an empty box) and some other stuff. Everyone was stunned, as was I. What ever would I do with an MP3 player box? He then realized he had picked up Grandma Sally's bag of stuff (She had just gotten the MP3 player.). Eventually, he located the presents and passed them out. I was happy with the bookmark, but man, that MP3 player box would've been nice...


As a side note...One should be careful of the things that one is saying...For instance, if you are say, standing there talking to your sisters and explaining about how you were watching Grey's Anatomy on DVD and playing Bejewled Blitz on Facebook and you scored 51,000 points only to have accidentally switched off the wireless internet and lost the score, then you probably shouldn't start off the story with something like, "Last night, we were playing Grey's Anatomy..." Let me just tell you that as I stood by and listened to, "Last night, we were playing Grey's Anatomy..." I was like, "Oh man, here we go..." Sure enough, Phoenix's sister jumped at this and was like, "Oh yeah!?" and then proceeded to act like a doctor, but with naughty connotations...Also, I'm sure that blushing and adamantly denying it, doesn't help. I'm just saying...


Back to the actual games...We got to play this game called Imaginiff. Phoenix and I almost bought this before, but didn't. You can play with up to 8 people. So, on each turn, you roll the dice and move a piece through the list of names (in either direction) to choose who the question will be about. So, if the question was, "Imaginiff Heather were a character in Middle Earth, which would she be?" And then you would have to choose from the following answers:
  1. A Wizard
  2. A hobbit
  3. A king/queen
  4. An elf
  5. A goblin
  6. A dwarf
I don't know if those were all the answers, but close enough for government work and for this blog...Anyway, so then you have cards to vote numbered 1-6. Everyone puts their card face down on the table until everyone has voted. Then the most popular answer is the one that wins and those people who got it get to move their game piece ahead one space. This game is rather amusing...In the case of this question, I was considered a Wizard...Except by Phoenix's brother's girlfriend...She said I was a hobbit!! I do not have hairy feet and Phoenix lies if she says otherwise!! According to people in this game, if I were a monster, I'd be the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man (I think that might've been a fat joke...). If I were a fish, Phoenix's sister said I'd be a "loud-mouthed bass". I guess she didn't see that it said, "Large mouthed bass." *not amused face* It was interesting to see what people really think of you though...Like I said that if Phoenix was a club, she'd be a gay club...Hahahaha...That wasn't an option, damn it...Also, going back to the Grey's Anatomy thing, the question came up about what kind of doctor I would be and Phoenix's sister immediately called out, "A gyno!" Nice...(Again, not an option...)


I was talking with Phoenix yesterday in the car (She took the day off because she was owed a few hours and her boss was like, "Take the day off because I can promise you that you'll be able to leave early.") as we ran errands and she said I should go to an open mic night to try stand-up comedy...I was like, "Yeah, maybe." She pointed out that originally, I wanted to be a stand-up comic, but I never tried. She said that everyone thinks I'm pretty funny and the way I tell stories makes them all that much funnier...Plus, I suppose I'm never at a loss for material because I have no problem making fun of people or myself for that matter. She said for my first routine, I could use some blog material, like the blog about the man at 7-11 who thought I was gay. *not amused* I don't know why that's her favorite story ever, but it is. I said, "No!" She said, "Yes!" Then she brought up other favorite blogs, like the one where I was going to work at Pizza Hut (Old school blog) and I got into the car only to have the entire middle part of my pants rip out. (I had had the pants for over a year and wore them to work all the time...They wore out. They weren't even true black anymore because I had worn them and washed them so often.) The kicker was that my new pants had a busted button(stupid washing machine!), so I couldn't wear those either because I didn't have time to sew anything. And as if that weren't enough, the cable guys were there hooking up the cable. I had to walk back into the house with my pants all ripped apart in front of the two cable guys and my step-dad...Good times, let me tell you. Phoenix loves this story. She finds all sorts of humor in my misadventures. I suppose most people do though, which is why so many people read my blogs...


Okay, that's it for me today...Tune in tomorrow for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment