Monday, September 21, 2009

Cheap Adventures...

Yesterday, Phoenix and I decided to take an "adventure"...Well, I decided it should be an adventure, but yeah...We got up, got ready, and left without an idea of what to do. We started off driving around. Soon, we ended up in Scottsdale (An up-scale area), still, without a plan. After driving around for awhile, we decided to look at houses. We came up with a story about who we were including new careers so that we could afford these expensive houses. Supposedly, we were looking to move there because we sold my bakery in California where I made personalized cakes and the normal bakery things. (Hey, it's my fake life...Let it go.) We didn't end up at any open houses. Instead, we grabbed some fliers advertising some of the houses. In all honesty, the houses there are totally overpriced. It was just ridiculous. Like you end up paying extra just because you buy in Scottsdale.
As we drove around though, we ended up by one of the libraries, so we decided to stop off to check out a book on getting published and to see if they had any passes for the Arizona Science Center. We were there an hour before it opened, so we walked around the mall, which was across the parking lot. At almost one, we went back and got in line for the Culture Passes (those are the passes they hand out to various museums and such here). I was third in line behind a girl with missing teeth and a guy with a tattoo that read, "BBW Lust Only". As we waited the last five minutes for them to open, these two made small talk with me. Phoenix was involved in the conversation from her seat on the park bench next to me, but she'll deny it. So, the dork with the BBW tat also had a tat on his fingers that read, "Ozzy" and other random tattoos. He reminded me of one of those guys who still lives at home with mommy even though he's like 30, spends his days playing video games, and is secretly a serial killer because his mom babies him too much...Hey, I'm just trying to describe him. As we talked, he asked me stupid questions like what my tattoo is, where I got it, etc...Apparently, I was flirting by simply answering his stupid questions. *rolls eyes* I was mentioning that I hadn't been to the Science Center, he said it was cool. I said something like, "That's what I've heard." He then said, "We could go together." WTF!? I was all, "Umm, we're going together" and pointed to Phoenix. He was all, "Oh, okay." Still though, as we walked through the library and he waited in line to check out his pass to whatever museum he was going to, he was watching me or so Phoenix told me. Seriously, it was sickening. He wasn't even good-looking!! It's not flattering to have a big freakin' dork hit on you...especially right in front of your girlfriend...Yeah, she's still laughing about it.
After that adventure, we went to the Science Center. Parking was difficult. There was a parking place across the street, but apparently, they didn't give discounts for the Science Center. So, the guy was all, "Just go up that way, around the sign, and then back out. The place you need is behind the Science Center." The way he told me to go led to a dead end. Phoenix had to get out and move cones so we could get out. Good times, let me tell you. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that the Science Center rocked, but it was pretty cool, especially since it was free. There was interesting stuff there, but some of the exhibits were broken. (A lot of it was hands-on stuff.) There were a few things I would've checked out, but they didn't work, like the Milgram Experiment. Sounded cool, but all I could do was read a blurb about it. Still, we had a good time. I made a movie, put to the music of Angels and Airwaves called The Adventure.
When we left, we cruised the area and looked at houses for sale there too. (Downtown Phoenix is also incredibly expensive...) We saw two open houses, but the houses weren't even worth getting out of the car for. As I pulled off the street, I drove a little way before seeing a man who was making a weird "turn-around" signal to me. I was like, "What's his problem!?" And a second later, there was a man driving on the wrong side of the road...Or so I thought...Apparently I was on a one-way street...And you've got it--going the wrong way. Damn it!
That's about it. The entire day cost $1 for parking (If we'd parked at the other place, it would've been $12.) and $1.18 for a soda. Plus a little for gas, but we only used like an eighth of a tank...Still, a cheap date that was exciting...Here's the movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment