Saturday, October 10, 2009

"I'm ghetto...Don't claim me."

Let's start with the bad stuff, okay? So, I think I'm having some sort of reaction to the soap or sanitizer that is used for the dishes at work. The first night I closed, I did a few dishes and came home with slightly irritated hands. Thursday night, I did all the dishes and came home with my hands itching, burning, red, and chafed. Friday morning, I woke up with my hands looking very irritated and they just hurt!! When I got to work, it only got worse from washing them so often. I finally showed the manager and she was like, "Oh...." and stepped back, as if my red, cracked, dry, and irritated hands were contagious. When I said I thought it might be from the dish soap or sanitizer, she said, "Are you sure it's not just dry skin?" Yeah, in two days time my hands went from slightly dry to Oh-my-God-my-hands-are-bleeding-dry. *rolls eyes* Her advice, "Take some Benadryl and put lotion on them." To which I replied, "I'll wait until I go home to take the Benadryl; it makes me sleepy." She laughed and said, "Yeah, that would be best." *rolls eyes again* Idiot. I took Benadryl when I got home and it helped with the itching. I've put lotion on 9,000,000 times today and it's not helping all that much. I mean, they aren't as bad as yesterday, but I'm telling you, it's their Kay Chemicals. I had a problem like this at BK from using the bleach water to wipe down the equipment. I think their sanitizer is too strong and it's going to be the death of me...Okay, probably not the death, but it will lead to dismemberment, I'm sure...


Last night I got to work with two girls who used to be buddies, but now hate each other. Hmm...Have I mentioned my love of crazy amounts of tension? Probably not because I can't stand tension like that. I grew up in a house filled with tension and was forced to often walk on eggshells so as not to piss my dad off, so I know all about it. These two girls though, Satan and, um, I don't think I gave the other girl a nickname yet...We'll call her Lenny (As in Of Mice and Men, you know, "Want to pet the rabbits, George." LOL I'm so mean.) Anyway, so Satan and Lenny weren't talking at all and were going out of their way to stay away from the other. I spent most of the evening running back and forth to check in to see what to do next. At some point in time though, they actually started talking...Probably about what a lousy worker I am or to bitch because I refused to do the dishes, even though I whip out the dishes faster than both those morons put together...Yeah, but so, I'm getting the hang of everything and I'm getting faster. Still, it was nice that it was so quiet in the deli last night. Like everyone was working and not gossiping. These girls need to learn how to work and talk, which is how I've always worked with my friends. We chat and work quickly. I thought everyone could do this, but apparently not. On the plus side, the angry deli man wasn't there, so I wasn't yelled at. WOO HOO!!


Phoenix decided that we were going to have a yardsale today at her mom's house. So, last night she went to pick up some stuff her sister was storing for her and her nephew to stay the night so he could help us move some heavy stuff for the sale. She then texted me that they were going to come into the store but that I shouldn't claim her because she was ghetto-fied in her oversized sweatshirt and sweatshorts. Yeah, she should worry a lot...I was the one in a hair net, a green polo, tan pants, Dr. Scholl's shoes like I'm some kind of old lady, and an apron. I think her outfit was a step-up from my ghetto-ass Walmart employee uniform. Anyway, she came in with her nephew, we'll call him, "Trouble", and they kept walking around and around in the produce department watching me. They suck. I got done with work and then found them in line. I think my co-workers, Satan and Lenny saw her, but whatever. I didn't lie about having a girlfriend, but I sure as hell didn't tell them she's ghetto. I wonder what kind of gossip will be flying around the deli by the time I return next Wednesday...They'll probably be saying things like that I'm dating a homeless woman...Shhh, don't tell Phoenix I said that.


I am in the middle of decorating a cake for Phoenix's niece, Goofy. Her birthday was this past Tuesday, but she's having a party tomorrow. I am making a beach cake, which sounded way easier than a cake of two people having a pillow fight...Or a World of Warcraft cake...Or...um...I can't remember the other option. Yeah, so I have part of the cake done and it looks all right. I've been taking pics as I've been decorating, so I'll post them when I'm done. Here's what I was using as my inspiration:
Photobucket

We'll see how it goes...I'm sure mine won't look pro like that, but it'll be cool, I'm sure...Plus, she's only going to put her face in it, so it doesn't need to be perfect, right?


I guess that's it for me. I need to work on the cake and I'm trying to figure out what to write my next article on for the examiner.com. Oh yeah, that was a shameless plug. Go read my shit! I have some ideas, but I don't know how to make them "local"...Perhaps I'll just write them and pretend they're local...Hahaha. Whatever. Peace out, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment