Monday, October 12, 2009

The Beach Cake...And other stuff.

Okay, so I made the beach cake. I think in the end it came out pretty good. Goofy was happy about it, so I guess that's all that matters. I used graham crackers for the sandy part of the beach, blue frosting for the water, Teddy Grahams for the people, peach rings for rafts, and Airheads as beach towels. I tried making beach towels and possibly surfboards with frosting, but I couldn't make a frosting that dried hard enough for them...I could've made a frosting, but it was made with egg whites, and really, who wants to eat raw eggs? They even warned not to use the frosting with eggs on something that's meant to be eaten. Oh, okay...Wait, what? On something not to be eaten? Then why in the hell would I waste my time making the damn cake and decorating it!? Who comes up with this crap???


Our yard sale was sort of a flop. Phoenix made like $30. The funny thing is that an old man came on Sunday morning when I was outside watching the sale (or lack of sale since we had like two people come by in the four hours we were out there...) while Phoenix was inside eating breakfast with her mom and nephew. He got out of his pick up truck and said, "I suppose you probably don't have any guns. I'm looking for guns." I replied, "Nope, no guns." He then asked, "How about pocket knives? I'm always looking for good pocket knives." Me- "Nope, no knives of any kind. Sorry." He then looked to his right and saw a "display" of Phoenix's old button-up cotton plaid shirts and said, "Oh! Shirts! How much?" I told him a buck a piece (we were trying to get rid of shit). He bought four. Weird...Guns, knives, and plaid shirts...I wonder if he knew some of the shirts he bought were women's. *grins*


The birthday parties we had were cool. We had to be at the bowling alley at 1 and were there until after 5. We actually bowled for a little while and then spent most of our time watching all the kids from both parties. Phoenix claims I am mean because I wasn't cheering for her when she got strikes. I got two strikes, but she was never paying any damn attention to what I was doing. The first time I got a strike, I turned around and was in mid-cheer, looking for support, but saw she was busily posing for some picture for her mom. What the hell? She totally left me hanging! The second time I got a strike, I turned around and started to cheer, but was immediately met by her 4-year-old nephew, Bumblebee (As in the Transformer), who I had threatened a moment before that I was going to chuck him down the lane. He was behind me, trying to run for my lane with a ten pound bowling ball. Phoenix was yelling at me to stop him. So much for being happy and excited about my strike. Bah! The kid totally stole my thunder!! I don't even know what the hell he was doing with the ten pound ball!! How did he pick it up!? As a side note, he had been bowling on another lane with bumpers and managed to throw his ball down the lane so slowly that it actually stopped and rolled back towards him. It was classic! And he got a gutter ball with the bumpers...How does one do that???


All in all, the weekend was fine. Yesterday, on our way home to get ready for the parties, my work called to see if I'd come in. I said, no because I had stuff going on. They called again today while we were out playing racquetball with Phoenix's sister, boyfriend, and daughters (Little Phoenix and Goofy). I let it go to voicemail, but then called back after hearing that they wanted me to work tomorrow. I said I would go in tomorrow (And miss Noble Tuesday...boo) and then talked to the manager about my work schedule. She wants to talk to me on Friday because she wants to bump me up to 32 hours a week. I was trying to tell her that I would like to keep my schedule similar to what it is, but that doesn't work for them. Bah! They're going to screw everything up and I'm going to end up with shitty days off, I just know it. I'm not happy about this. I don't belong there...And I don't know what the hell the hold up is with my school. I keep checking for my credential thing through California, but my stuff hasn't been processed yet. I'm so over this bullshit. I spend so much of my time waiting on other people...I want to do something worthwhile, but instead, I'm stuck waiting on others to get around to doing their job. It's crap.


I guess that's about it...I need to find a new job...The only thing that's going to keep me going at Walmart is knowing that the money I'm earning is going towards our trip to New York. I don't think I mentioned it before, but we're going with Little Phoenix's 8th grade class in June. We'll be going to Philly, D.C., and New York city...The best part is the Broadway show we'll be seeing. WOO HOO! So, yeah...I'm earning money so we can go. So, until next time...Here's the slide show of the cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment