Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh, the horror!!

Apparently when I agreed to work at Walmart Neighborhood Market (And I'm sorry, but I feel as though calling it a "Neighborhood Market" makes it sound friendly, when in fact, it's not friendly at all...It's like a wolf in sheep's clothing!! Oh those clever Walmart people and their clever tricks!!), I guess I also agreed to work every day for them, day in and day out, because I am now their slave. Yes, I said it, A SLAVE!! I bet you're thinking, "Umm...Heather, slavery was abolished by Andrew Jackson all those years ago." Well, you're wrong. It was abolished by Lincoln, bozo! Bwahahaha! But I digress...Yes, one would think that slavery had been abolished, but apparently, being that Walmart is an international company now, they choose which laws they folllow and they choose not to follow the United States' laws...C'mon, we all know they have poor kids working in sweatshops to provide such low prices on clothes...And this also explains why the clothes fall apart so quickly...


I worked on Friday night, which was also Family Game Night. I knew it would only be me and one other girl who's still rather new, but I had hope that we could get out of there early enough for me to make an appearance at Game Night...Plus, I told her that I couldn't be there all night since I was leaving for Cali in the morning....Yeah, whatever. The dumb girl, who I believe I called Lenny in a previous blog, let me do all the work! Okay, you caught me; I'm totally exaggerating...She cleaned the hot case. I did everything else--the fryers, the cold case, the slicers, the dishes (even though my hands broke out into the rash again and worse than before), the rotisary oven, bagged all the bread, the floors, and God only knows what else. Oh yeah...She also put trash bags into the trashcans, which apparently takes like 10-15 minutes if you're a complete ass monkey. We got out at 11pm and I was dead ass tired...like I wanted to cry because I had to walk half-way across the parking lot to get to the car and my feet hurt. Yeah, it was like I was the slave all night. So, I totally missed Family Game Night!! Phoenix and I were the ones who had thought we should have the Game Night and now I'm missing it!! *growls*


Whilst in Cali, I got a call asking if I could work on Monday night. I said, "I won't be home until sometime late on Monday since I'm in California." The assistant store manager said she understood. She's being cool with me because I agreed to work like all week and asked only for Sunday's and Mondays off (Starting next week)...She agreed. Although, she threw in the stipulation that I would sometimes come in, if possible, if she called me in on a Sunday or Monday...Whatever. Plus, she also knows I'm one of like two people who actually do any work in that damned deli!! So, then on the way home last night, Phoenix makes some joke about them calling me in tonight. I said I should go in if they do since I need the hours, but she demanded that I not go in because I'll start working all the extra hours next week...I think she just wanted me to go to Noble Tuesday tonight because it's the last one. (Now it's going to be Noble Monday...Well, something like that. We're working on a catchy name.) Sure enough, because she jinxed me, this morning my phone rang and I let it go to voicemail because it showed it was hell calling. I heard the message, "Get your ass back to work slave!!" (Or something to that effect!) Phoenix said if I wanted to go to work she would drop me off at 12:30 before she went to work and leave me there to wait for my 3pm shift...Yup, she loves me. I get it--sharing a car blows, but really? I wouldn't drop her off three and half hours before her shift. Anyway, so I called back and told them I was still in California. Now I'm hiding out in my apartment so no one sees me. Nice, huh?


I find myself wondering though--Are there no other people they can call in? Why is it me they keep calling??? I have a theory as to why they keep calling me in...They aren't allowing me time to look for a better job. I think that's what it comes down to. Those bastards...(I'll blog about the trip to Cali later...For now I have to clean house...BAH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment