Friday, October 30, 2009

That's why I like Spam!

Firstly, I apologize for not blogging sooner, but it's been a hectic week. I think I'm coming down with a cold or the flu or perhaps I simply hate my job and feel sick because I hate that place so much...LOL Okay, seriously though, it's probably a cold or the flu or perhaps the weather change. It was so nice last weekend, but then it got so cold!! And it's supposed to be warm again this weekend! What the heck, man? So, yeah...Also, I was told by Phoenix that Little Phoenix thinks I only ever blog about work...So, in that spirit, I'm going to blog about work. JUST KIDDING! No, I'm going to talk about the fair. We went last Sunday and I took pictures to share!


We went to the state fair last year and it was cool, so we thought we'd go again. Seriously, I cannot believe how much it all costs. It was $30 for us to park and go inside. Once inside, we saw the Susan G. Komen trailer and they were offering a free bag if you watched their five-minute video. They also had a program where you could look at different facts and videos about stuff, like breast cancer for African-Americans (I thought it just affected all women in general...) and other things like that. I watched a video about Susan G. Komen because I wanted to know who this Susan lady was...Apparently, she got cancer when she was 33 and ended up dying from it, but before she did, she asked her sister something like, "When I get better, will you help me raise awareness?" (I'm paraphrasing!) Her sister did one better...She started a whole foundation and raised millions of bucks. Dude, I want a sister like that. My sisters would be like,"Umm...What?" LOL Just kidding...kinda. What sucked though was that they had a drawing going on and you had to sign up online and when I went to go answer their questions, the program shut down!! WTF!? Phoenix got to enter, but I did not! Just my luck, I tell you!


After that, we walked around and looked at some exhibits. I noticed that the cost of the games had gone up. I don't play the games, but I was just looking. It was like 7 tickets per game. The tickets were like 10 for $5. Seriously? I could go down to TJ and buy an over-sized stuffed animal for $2 and still have enough change left over from my five-dollar bill to buy some Chicklets and a Corona. Then we got something to eat...This is the best part of the fair--Fair Food!! I bought a corn dog (and not an "acorn dog" like I just typed...lol) while Phoenix got a ham sandwich and Grumpy bought Indian fry bread with beans and cheese. The ham sandwich was all right...The Indian Fry bread was really good...And my corn dog was crap. It tasted as though it had been sitting there all day...Bastards! I think it also made me a bit sick, but whatever. Later, after this had settled, Grumpy and I got funnel cakes from some Pennsylvania Dutch people, or so their sign said. Man, oh man, do I love me some funnel cake with strawberries on top. Soooooo good!


The fair exhibits were all right, but so similar to last year's...I do like seeing the cakes and such though, which I took some pictures of. Phoenix thinks I should enter next year and see what I can do. We'll see. Also, she thinks I should try making a gingerbread house for Christmas...With Little Phoenix's help. I think it'd be cool, but we'll have to see what happens between now and then...Also, the vendors were pretty much the same, except that they weren't as giving as last year...I swear that people used to hand out samples and such, but people were greedy this year. I think it's the economy, but still...It just sucks.


Basically, we spent nearly a hundred bucks on a whole lot of nothing. However, we did try to get our money's worth by getting two Breast Cancer Awareness bags, two bags from the Census bureau (Shouldn't they have been counting people and not handing out bags???), free pens from the breast cancer people, and free key chains from the cops that remind us to buckle up. Yeah, we have like $10 worth of junk. LOL It all works out though, right?


Anyway, here are some pictures. I took most of the pictures of the animals. And I really did want a bunny rabbit...I didn't find one that looked mean enough to eat our cat though, so I didn't waste my money. *grins* Enjoy the slide show...

No comments:

Post a Comment