Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Well it's about time you got your fat ass off the couch and moved around..."

I know you've been waiting for me to post a new blog and I've been lazy. I apologize. I worked all day on Sunday and by the time I got home, my feet hurt, my back ached, I was starving, and exhausted...So, of course, we went grocery shopping. *rolls eyes* Then yesterday we went to play racquetball and by the time we got back, I thought my knees were going to break apart. I've been rough on my body lately trying to work out and such, which is kicking my butt...Anyway, let me explain about Sunday...


I got to work at a little before seven and flipped out in the parking lot because I couldn't find my name badge, which I needed to have to clock in. I found it after searching through the car; it had fallen down between the passenger seat and the center console. This is not the first place I look for things...grrr...Anyway, I got to work and finished my training video/module things in the first hour or so I was there. The assistant manager, who hadn't been there on Saturday was surprised that I was done and tossed me to the wolves--er, I mean into the deli. I was introduced to two girls working there and one was supposed to be training me. More or less, she showed me a couple of things and then left me to fend for myself. I was helping customers and slicing meat even though I wasn't shown how to use the slicer. Sounds safe, huh? I was so slow!! Some people were getting frustrated with me, but I flashed my award-winning smile and explained that it was my first day. For the most part, that worked. I was bitched out by a lady who got mad at me because I didn't put paper between her slices of cheese. *rolls eyes* After I explained that it was my first day and that I was sorry, she apologized for being so bitchy. Eh, whatever. The job isn't hard, but there's so much to do. There didn't appear to be any real bakery girls because we had to do the bakery stuff too...Like I glazed cinnamon rolls and then boxed them up, along with turnovers, and then bagged French bread. I was also expected to know how to use their fryer (which is not like the kind I used at BK years ago). Their deep fryer has to be programmed for the times to cook and no one told me how long to cook everything for. When the night girls came in and had to make food, they got pissed. Oh freakin' well! No one showed me how to do it! One of the girls who was supposed to be helping during the day tried to throw me under the bus. I had gotten back from my break when the night girls were coming in and she told the assistant manager that I know "nothing about cleaning". I wanted to smack the (insert bad word here) upside her head. I mean, what the hell? I was running all over that flippin' deli helping customers, bagging bread, and doing everything while she stood over in produce flirting with a guy named Patrick, who looks strangely similar to my cousin Patrick. I told the manager that I was sorry, but that I had been trying to clean except that I kept getting backed up with customers, she said she knew that, so I'm hoping that it all works out. I just don't get why, on my first real day of work, I was left alone. The manager had repeatedly popped up and checked on me and she never had anything bad to say, so we'll see...


I came home so tired and sore though, which sucked. I was sore because, whereas most places have the display case with meat, which is the meat to be cut, Walmart has the case with the meat that people see, but then under the case they have a refrigerated section with sliding doors where the meat is kept. So, every time I needed something, I had to bend down/squat down/sit on my knees to find it under the case. I must've bent over 900 times while I was there. My low back was killing me. My feet hurt because I was wearing my old worn out Airwalks. It just sucked. I had complained to Phoenix at lunchtime that I was sore and she said, "Well, it's about time you got your fat ass off the couch and moved around..." *shifty eyes* Okay, fine, perhaps she just said it's about time I got off the couch and got to moving...My way sounds better though. *grins*


So, yeah, that's my job. One of the night girls is one I met on Friday and she wasn't nice at all. Phoenix joked that she'll be my new best friend soon enough. *shakes head and rolls eyes* She was so rude. The other two seemed nice enough though, so that's cool. I just want to be able to make some friends, but I think these are not the type of people I'll be hanging out with...I mean, I don't think I'll have much in common with them...You know, because I'm cool and, well, um, they're just not. *laughs wildly*


I guess that's about it. I have no real desire to work there, but it's a job, right? And they're paying me more than most fast food places would...And I didn't hear back from Starbucks, so I'm guessing I didn't get that job. *sighs* So, I'm going to end this blog on a funny note...It's that time of year again for JibJab videos. For those of you not familiar, these are the people who came up with the Elf Yourself videos. Now they have a Halloween one. So, enjoy. I used my picture along with Phoenix (Bride of Frankenstein), Maggie (my middle sister as Frankenstein), my mom (Wolfman), and Callie (my youngest sister as Dracula).
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

No comments:

Post a Comment