Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lord help the fool...

Who dares to shop at my deli tomorrow! Oh yeah, that's a threat!


So, originally, I was scheduled to work, alone, in the deli tomorrow from 3-9:30pm, which pissed me off. Never mind the fact that I can't wash the dishes because of the skin-eating soap they insist on using, but it's just not fair for me to have to work, alone, in the deli for 6 1/2 hours on the holiday. They could've split up the shifts and made everyone work a couple of hours, you know? Then at least people would get time with their families too...And by people, I mean me...And by family, I mean Phoenix's family, which I consider to be like my family too...I spend enough time with them, you know? Anyway, so yeah...I know, I'm selfish, blah, blah, blah. It's ridiculous! Plus, since I haven't been there for 90 days yet, I won't get holiday pay. Nice, huh? *curses loudly* Idiots.



Then, things were looking up. When I mentioned my inability to do the dishes, they said, "Oh, Tortilla can work with you." Not exactly what I was looking for, but okay...Then they said, "We'll close the deli at like 6." Cool. Things were looking better. Then they said, "You know what, Heather? It's not going to be busy. We don't need both of you here. Tortilla can do it alone." Fabulous!! Now I will at least get to be with Phoenix's family even though it sucks I can't see my own family, but whatever. So, I checked my schedule at work and nothing has been changed on it!! And they were saying to other workers that they need two of us working at night to cook the dinner for the employees! WTF!? Oh, I'm going to cook dinner for the fuckers I work with!? Like hell I am! I'm not cooking for my family and friends, so why in the hell would I cook for them!? *grits teeth* They're idiots. So, now, it seems I'm supposed to go in, you know, to cook for them.


Then the real kicker is that another manager said that the deli isn't closing early. Oh yeah? Wanna bet on that? Fine. I'll go to work tomorrow. I'll clean the deli like I do each night. I'll do everything I'm supposed to, but I'm not going to do it with a smile on my face. And so help the *censored, censored, censored* fool who shows up at the deli for hot food or sliced deli meat...I will tear them a new one. Why, you ask? Because if no one went out shopping on Thanksgiving Day, then no stores would be open!! But the problem is that one anti-family mother-flippin' idiot once thought, "Oh, I'll just stay open all day and see if anyone comes." So then some idiot, on his way home from Gramma's house, saw the light on and stopped for some more beer to drink and the owner of that shop was like, "AH-HA! A customer!! I should always stay open!" Then he told his other anti-family mother-flippin' idiot friends who also owned businesses and so now all these stupid places want to stay open!! It's ridiculous! Screw 'em all, I say! And if you think I'm kidding about talking smack tomorrow, you just wait and see!! I already talked smack to a customer last night who came in to order a veggie tray. She was all, "You guys will be here on Thursday, right?" I said, "All day long." She said, "Oh please, honey, I have to work too. I'll pick up the tray at 2 that afternoon on my way home from work." I replied, "Yes, well, at least you're off at 2. I work 3-9:30." She just looked at me with nothing to say...Why? Because she realized what a dumbass she was! Getting off work at 2pm, in time for your Thanksgiving meal, is not the same as working through the time that all of America eats!


I'm just so pissed off about all of this...It doesn't help that now they are seriously screwing with my days off and I'll miss Phoenix's whole family's Thanksgiving on this Sunday too because they've decided that I don't get Sundays off anymore...Not to mention, I have a ticket to go see the Cardinal play the Vikings in two weeks and I'm scheduled to work then too. I work for the devil! I'm going to go talk to the store manager next time I see him and tell him this isn't working. I think it's the assistant manager, Smokey, whose playing God with my schedule just because I refuse to be her bitch and come running every time she calls me. I hate my job...So, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I will not be wishing people well tomorrow, so take it today. *grins* Tomorrow, I shall unleash the wrath that is Heather!! Bwahahaha--*chokes on piece of gum*


PS: I'm not rereading and editing this, so I hopes it's okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment