Monday, January 18, 2010

OMG!

Yesterday afternoon when I got to work, I was greeted by about a dozen boxes sitting on one of the prep tables...These boxes contained things like salads, cookie dough, chicken tenders, and other random food items, all of which should've been refrigerated or frozen, not sitting on the table. I asked Smokey Jr. how long they'd been sitting out since it all seemed rather warm and she said, "Since about noon or so." That's when I called the manager over to see it and so I wouldn't get busted for such a large amount of food being tossed. Even the manager was like, "I don't even know what to do with so much stuff." I was instructed to put it on a cart and put it in the meat fridge in the back of the store for the store manager to take care of...Hmm...Let's hope he throws it all away.


During my journey of rectifying this situation, I had to walk through the store...I hate walking through the store because then I have to see the ghetto people who shop there. Don't get me wrong...We have fabulous deals and I don't blame most people for shopping there, but seriously, don't be so ghetto!! I saw a girl in pajama pants and slippers at 4 in the afternoon...Crazy. I saw dirty-faced children running around. There was a woman in spandex who had no business even know what spandex was, let alone wearing it.


The kicker came though when I passed by an aisle slowly (I had a grandma in front of me walking so slowly and refusing to get out of my way.)...I saw a man and presumably his wife shopping. Seems normal, huh? I might not have thought another second about them had the man not been pulling up his shirt from the bottom hem to reveal a beer belly covered in hair (or fur). I was like, "WTF?" in my head, of course. I can't say these things out loud. I looked back forward and grandma has stopped to look at the milk. Seriously, grandma? Do you not see me with the huge cart behind you? I look back at the furry man and see he is now blowing his nose into his shirt. No lie. I was horrified. WHO DOES THAT??? I mean, besides this guy...


I need out of there. These are not things I should see at work. I think it would've been less disgusting to see him blow his nose into his hand or blow a snot rocket onto the floor...No, all of that would've been gross too...We have a bathroom at work. He should've just used that. Blech!


Okay, I am off to see the wizard...Er, um, I mean, I am off to get the oil changed in our car and see a movie today!! WOO HOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment