Saturday, March 6, 2010

Surgery...And other bullshit.

Okay, so if you live under a rock and haven't heard, I'm having knee surgery on my left knee on Wednesday. I'm so not excited about this. Although, it'll be nice to have the pain go away. They are going to go in and fix a tear in my meniscus and take out some debris (small pieces of cartilage) floating around in my knee. Supposedly, I'll be able to walk myself right out of the surgery center afterward. Should be fun...*rolls eyes* I'm just hoping I'll be able to walk well enough to make it upstairs to my apartment. I am a but scared, truth be told. I've never really had surgery before, so this is all new to me. And I'm still wondering why, when they called to get my medical history, they asked me random questions such as, "How do you learn best--listening, seeing things, or what?", "Are you left handed or right handed?", and my favorite, "Are you a victim of domestic violence? Do you feel safe at home?" Of course, for that one, I said, "No...Christina beats me daily whether I deserve it or not!!" Don't get me wrong--I know this is important to ask, because some people have no one to turn to. However, it seemed absurd to me when I was half-asleep answering this lady's random questions. Oh well. Wish me luck/say a prayer for me/or whatever.


So, in other news, I saw the other day that some of my so-called friends on Facebook had added my ex and his wife. Yeah, so I deleted them. Sure, it may be childish, but really, I don't want those fuckers reading any comments I may post for those people. I suppose I could've just blocked the ex and his wife, then they couldn't see me at all...*considers this for a moment* Nah, forget the disloyal people, I say. The High Desert is not so small that everyone must befriend everyone, you know? The whole thing is rather ridiculous because I would've thought that after so many years of friendship, it would just be a given that these people wouldn't befriend someone who dragged my name through the mud and made me out to be some sort of huge bitch for no apparent reason. But hey, do whatever suits you guys and I'll just wave goodbye to you, good buddies. *waves hand with middle finger sticking up* We had some good times...But no more.


I am officially out of the deli at work. Now I stock shelves...Can you hear the excitement in my writing? Yeah, I can't either...Moving on...


I think a lady at my work may have a crush on me. There's something not right with her and it's not just because she's missing three fingers on her right hand. Oh don't give me that look!! Her hand always gives the hang loose sign and she insists on patting me on the shoulder with that hand or touching me with it...It takes everything in me not to flinch because it always catches me off guard. Oh shut up! I am not being mean. She creeps me out mostly because she always finds a reason to touch me. WTF? A few weeks ago, she came to work and said she'd found a couple of green polo shirts (I have to wear a green shirt to work and I always wear a polo) that just so happened to fit me. She gave them to me for free, even though I offered to pay her for them. Then when I started wearing them (When I was no longer in the deli and no longer destroying my clothes with grease and such), she was all happy, "Oh good! They fit! That's awesome!" Yeah, uh-huh, awesome. *rolls eyes* I was thankful for the shirts, but she scares me. Then the day before yesterday at work, she asked when my surgery is. I said, "Wednesday." She asked, "Do you have someone to take care of you?" I said, "Yes, my girlfriend." She said, "Oh. Okay. Well, I just wanted to make sure you had someone to take care of you. If you need any help or anything at all, I can help. You can call the store and have them contact me or whatever. " I just sort of stood there, stupefied by it all. I insisted that I would be fine, but appreciated her offer. Let me point out that this was above and beyond anything an assistant manager should be offering, you know? I mean, she's not my friend. We don't hang out. And if I had my way, we wouldn't even talk. lol The whole thing is so weird. I'm going to start hiding from her at work...


Okay, I've got to go now. I am exhausted and need a nap. I hope all my spelling and such is fine because I am so not correcting it right now. I will write more later about the scum of the earth I've dealt with lately...Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with the surgery, Heather!xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete