Monday, May 17, 2010

A French Fry...AKA Our Two-Year Anniversary

So, as of tomorrow, Phoenix and I will have been together for 2 years. I decided that we should go out today to celebrate it since we both work on Tuesdays. I offered to take her out to dinner, which she was down for. Before we could go to dinner and such, we had to run some errands, mostly to find me some new shoes for our up-coming NY/DC/Philly trip. This is where the fun began...*rolls eyes*


We headed to a local mall to hit up JCPenny's because I had a giftcard from my grandma from God only knows how long ago. Plus, Phoenix's mom had some coupons, so we went to go look around. I had gone to a Penny's yesterday, but they didn't have shoes in my size. Now, before you all start with the jokes, let me tell you they were all too damn big!! Yesterday, the guy was trying to give me extra wide shoes. Seriously, I could've slid my foot from side to side in those shoes. Like both my feet could almost fit in one! I have normal width feet, no matter what people may tell you. They're big, but not wide. Moving on...


Before we got to the mall, Phoenix said, "I'm hungry. Let's go to Miracle Mile for one of their sandwiches." We agreed we would share one of their BBQ Pastrami sandwiches, which freakin' rock! We got the sandwich and sat down to eat. I don't know what the hell we were discussing as we ate because as I bit into a french fry, another one of my fucking teeth broke. Seriously!? A soft fucking french fry. Wait, I don't think you're getting this--A FUCKING FRENCH FRY BROKE MY TOOTH!! Phoenix's great niece, who's only 4 months old, could chew this french fry with her gums, yet it broke my tooth!! Luckily, it's far enough back that no one can see it, but I know it's there. It's a molar and I'm guessing it probably had a cavity. Only half of it broke off...Still...A FUCKING FRENCH FRY! It wasn't like I was chomping away on a brick...Or an everlasting gobstopper...Or some steel. A FRENCH FRY!! *shakes fist angrily* Whatever. I'm so over my teeth. And to top it all off, my dentist won't even see me until June 2nd for my crown on my other tooth. Now, I have a broken tooth on the right side and a temp-filling on the left side. Looks like I'll be eating lots of soup, applesauce, and smoothies...A FRENCH FRY!!!


Phoenix immediately offered for us to go home since I was upset, but I said no. So, we went to Penny's. As we walked through the mall, Phoenix asked , "Didn't your teeth get the memo?" I asked, "What memo?" To which she replied, "You don't live in a trailer park anymore." I shoved her down the escalator to her death.


Okay, fine, I didn't shove her down the escalator, but I might've thought about it. She's mean!!By the way...A FRENCH FRY! *rolls eyes* Eventually, we made it to Penny's. I actually found shoes in my size...Okay, who're we kidding? They're the same kind of Nike's I already have. Whatever. I like them. Then we found clothes on sale and picked up some stuff. With all her mom's coupons and everything, we got two pairs of shorts, two shirts, my shoes, a shirt for her grandpa, and some pj-pants for her grandpa and everything was $67. My shoes were on sale for $54.99, so obviously her mom worked a deal there. Crazy, huh?


After all this, we finally headed to Scottsdale to go to Dave and Buster's, which was Phoenix's choice. Once inside, Phoenix took away all the fun of playing my favorite game at D&B's. Seriously. I'm not kidding. We sat down to play the game where you drop in the token to push the other tokens off the ledge. I like the Monopoly version of this game. Anyway, Phoenix was playing next to me and figured out how to get the bonus. Apparently, you need to drop the coin and have it pass over the hat or car symbol as it lights up. (I swear this would make more sense if you saw the game.) As I played, she kept telling me I was doing it wrong. Then she swore I was playing against her since I insisted on using my tokens to play my game the regular way instead of trying for the bonus. Seriously? Let me play the game!! But NOOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOOoooO, she has to keep telling me how to do it. I have lousy timing. No joke. In the end, I tried to watch her play, even though she kept insisting I should play. I hope to one day find a game she loves and ruin it...You know, just for shits and giggles. *grins*


After playing for a while, we went to eat. What the hell is wrong with people? Is it hard to get good service? What do I have to do to get good service? We shared a dinner and it was room temperature by the time the guy brought it out. Mmm, room temp steak. We also shared a dessert...It was called, "Hot powdered donut holes" to be served with raspberry sauce and chocolate sauce. The sauces were cold and the the donut holes were not hot, but lukewarm. *rolls eyes* Stupid slow server. I didn't complain...I just don't know what the problem is though. It's not hard to be a server. I've been there, done that. As we ate, we discussed how we've managed to stay together for two years since people believed it was doomed from the get-go. I mean, long distance relationships rarely work, you know? She tried saying that it's because we spent so much time doing the long distance thing, so that took a chunk of the two years. lol Whatever. I think it's because I have the patience of a saint. In fact, I should become a saint simply for being with her. *grins* She disagrees. She thinks it's because we know how to put up with each other. Sounds nice, huh? LOL I think she meant we work together. Like we make up for the other ones imperfections...Or something like that. Who knows how we've lasted this long? Oh well. I suppose all that matters is that we've made it...And despite her comments about me being ex-trailer trash, I suppose she loves me...


One more thing...A FUCKING FRENCH FRY!!! WTF!?


Happy Anniversary, Phoenix. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment