Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Monday on a Tuesday.

I went to work today expecting it to be like a Monday on a Tuesday...And a hellish one at that since it was a three-day weekend and God only knows what sort of trouble people could get in during that time since Mondays are bad after regular weekends. So, I got up this morning, after very little sleep last night (I swear, I cannot sleep through the night anymore!), and was mentally preparing myself for the horrible day I knew I'd have. The three Tuesdays before this were God-awful, with people screaming at me, demanding to talk to my supervisor, and the whole nine yards, okay? I didn't want to do it again today. Phoenix insisted it was going to be a good day because it's a short week and Monday is already gone. Sometimes, I want to tell her what she can do with her optimism...Like specifically where she can stick it. Of course, I don't because I love her...Or so I tell myself so that I don't feel like any less of a man, ahem, woman for not saying anything. *grins*


Where was I? Oh yeah, "It's going to be a good day. It's all rainbows and butterflies..." Rainbows and butterflies my ass, I say. I went to work, feeling half-dead with exhaustion, and settled into my chair, ready to fight the good fight...Bring on the stupid calls!! Here's today's lesson:


Just because your due date was on the holiday, doesn't mean we are going to accept your payment a day late without charging you a late fee. Seriously. We were not closed on Labor Day. I'm sorry your bank was, but we weren't. Call centers were still open to take your money. Plus, you should pay it in advance since it can take up to 48-hours to post...I'm just saying.


I had some pissed off people when they learned this lesson. Dude, are you kidding me? If your house payment is due on a Sunday, it's due by that Sunday. They had better have that payment. If Sallie Mae comes looking for their money and it's due on the Fourth of July, I'd better have my payment in to them by then, otherwise, they're going to come take away my fireworks, BBQ-ed food, and repossess my education! Or take my first born! Or my right arm! I don't know what they'll take, but I suspect they're very cruel people...And whatever they come to take, I expect them to do with a rusty spoon. *shivers at the thought* They're just mean!


Also, I am not able to waive annual membership fees on your cards. You pay this fee for a reason. The cards with fees come with benefits that free cards don't. And I don't care that our competitor doesn't charge you for their cards...They haven't been around as long as we have. Nor are they as cool as we are.


So back to this whole good day thing...It was very busy today, in waves. Like we'd be slammed for an hour or two, then slow, then slammed, and so on. The day went by pretty quickly, which was nice since after work I had to take our puppy, Madeline, to the vet. Dude, vets charge an arm and a leg!! I had to get three of her shots done and they charged $100. Basically, I had to work, nearly a whole day, to pay for her to be at the vet for a few moments. WTF!? Our $50 Craig's List puppy is costing us a fortune!! Plus, I had to get ear wash solution so that I can wash her ears once a week since she insists on playing in the water and gets her ears all filthy!! And this is all on top of the last visit, which was like $150 or something and the $100 we paid to take her training at Petsmart. Petsmart? Oh no, I think Pets-stupid! Why are we paying $100 to train the damn dog!? This shit better work!! I better have the best behaved black lab in the whole wide world! And after all these vet visits, she better be the healthiest puppy ever too! I don't even spend this much on my own medical stuff. It's crazy! Plus, Phoenix is telling me we have to get her a new collar and leash for training tomorrow because the pink ones she has now are no longer pink since our "girlie" dog insists on playing in the mud and nearly destroyed leash and collar when we went camping. She seriously rolled around in the dirt/mud whilst camping and the baby pink leash/collar is like brownish-grayish-pink. *rolls eyes* I think if we invest in a new collar, we should get a black leather spike one to further scare our Indian neighbors who think she's some sort of killer dog and run from her when all she wants to do is sniff them since they stink so much. I know, I know, I'm mean, but you don't live next to these folks and their seriously stinky food/apartments. I've never once thought to myself, "Hmmm...Curry, onions, garlic, and moth balls would make excellent seasonings for my dinner." But I swear that's what they cook with. It stinks in December when it's cool outside. Can you imagine how much worse that smells when it's 112 outside and humid? It's like the air is thick with the smell. And the people who come out of those apartments smell so strongly of their seasonings that it makes me nauseous.


Now don't go thinking I'm the devil...Well, you can because a few people would say I am, but that's not the point. I'm just being a realist. I'm the same girl who will tell my German Grandma that her sauerkraut stinks to the high heavens! And oh-help-me-lord when she makes lamb! *gags* It just stinks. Plus, I have also talked smack to Phoenix when we stayed the night at her mom's house and her mom made menudo...Man, you want to talk about smelly!! BLECH! So, yeah, nothing personal against Indians...I hate all kinds of smells. I'd prefer people keep their smells inside their apartments and far away from me. And I don't know why they're scared of my dog. Grown men run from a four-month old black lab. Don't they know my dog is more likely to lick them to death than to rip our their smelly throats? Ehh, whatever. I'm telling you though, the leather collar would definitely seal the deal. They'd totally get out of our way when they see us coming. *grins* Maybe I'll get one too...JUST KIDDING!! *shifty eyes*


Well, that about sums up my day. Nothing too exciting. I guess I could share one more quick thing to end the blog...There was something funny thing that happened today that made me giggle uncontrollably at work. There's a guy I work with who's like the sweetest guy ever and I would swear he's gay, but he never said one way or the other. I don't hide anything and everyone knows about me. So, today, we're sitting there and he calls me and the other Heather at work to order by saying, "Heathers, I have something to tell you. I've decided something." Of course, luck would have it that we all three got calls. After taking some calls, I asked him what he was going to say. He said, "Oh. *he laughed a little* I've decided I'm going to find a sugar daddy so I don't have to work here anymore." It was so unexpected and out of left field that I couldn't stop laughing. I had to high five him too for it. Of course, this confirmed my suspicions. Plus, he'd lived in Portland, OR, which has a HUGE gay community...My cousin lives there with his wife though, so I probably shouldn't generalize, huh? LOL Still it made me laugh. It also made me wish I had a sugar daddy...Or in my case, a sugar mama! I told him I wanted one as well, but unfortunately, my girlfriend didn't make that much money and needed me to work! I hope for his sake he finds a sugar daddy...And perhaps he'll keep me as his buddy and I'll reap the benefits as well. *grins* A girl can dream, can't she???

2 comments:

  1. You know, if you really want to freak out your fragrant neighbors, you could bust out that one latex dress you have and wear That with a spiky collar. Or, you could just wear your bondage collar set with it, you know, the one with all of the rings in front and matching leash. Phoenix, if you don't believe me, there's a box that is probably stashed in the back of her closet labeled letters from grandma. Trust me there is Nothing grandmotherly in there! Oh and yes, menudo smells NAAASTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I put that stuff in a different box. It now reads, "Grammar Books." No one opens that box...ever. *grins* And--Hey, wait a second! You said you'd never tell my dirty little secret! Some friend you are!

    ReplyDelete