Saturday, September 11, 2010

"You know how those Asians are."

This whole past week at work was strange. On the days when we're busy, we're normally busy all day, but this week it seemed to come in waves. Like, slammed, dead, slammed, dead, etc. It didn't matter to me if it was busy or slow, I just prefer it to be one or the other, not both within an hour. It's weird. What else was weird was the people calling in. They called in for ridiculous reasons, asked stupid questions, and acted like morons when we told them things they didn't want to hear. For instance...


I cannot do anything for you and a charge you made when you signed the receipt. You can claim all you want that you were overcharged, but if you signed the receipt, you agreed to make that charge for that amount. Yelling at me about "You know how those Asians are" doesn't make me want to help you anymore. (Had this person said, "You know how those Asians are at Disneyland" I would've said, "Yup!" But not in this case. I didn't know Asians tried to rip people off, like this person claimed.) If we investigated your claim about being overcharged and sent you a letter with copies of your invoice and receipt, along with letters from the merchant to show you paid the amount you agreed to, there's nothing I can do for you. I cannot reopen the case. And when you insinuate that I am unable to do my job, it really doesn't make me want to do anything for you. What's even better is when you claim that the credit card company I work for recovered the difference in the charge amount and then pocketed the money. Yup, that's how we make money. *rolls eyes*


After fifteen minutes or so of being yelled at, screamed at, and talked to by this person, I finally was like, "Enough is enough." I didn't say that, but I laid down the law with this person and they demanded to speak to a supervisor. I didn't even care. I didn't care when this person acted as though I'm an idiot. I didn't care about any of it. I had tried to reason with them. I had explained everything. Then I got a supervisor on the phone and oh my God, this person went postal on the supervisor. I didn't even get to introduce the supervisor!! I hung up the phone and had a good laugh.


This is when I realized I was starting to get a thick skin. I knew it'd come eventually and I'm happy it's coming now. I can't handle too many people telling me I'm stupid when I just want to ask about half of them how they even manage to tie their shoes in the morning! I wonder what kinds of schools they attended and who the hell deemed them worthy of owning a business when they cannot seem to figure out why they got hit with a late payment fee (Hello, you paid a week late. Duh.) or why they are paying interest (Knock, knock! Who's there? Credit Card. Credit Card who? You're fucking credit card, moron, and you have to pay interest if you don't pay in full!) or why it's not considered fraud when you loaned out your card to your mom and she decided to go shopping at Bloomie's instead of buying supplies for your business. Next time, don't trust mommy. I'm just saying...


Here are a few other gems from work this week...And these were from my co-workers. One co-worker asked a card member if they would hold for a "day or two" while he looked into some stuff for them. He immediately realized what he said and corrected himself, but man, had I been sitting next to him when he said that, I probably would've died laughing. Another co-worker was trying to help a guy who had broken a camera, but didn't want it replaced or fixed, only wanted his money back, which wasn't an option at that time because he'd waited too long and had refused the first offer of store credit from the merchant. So, my co-worker said, "Sir, isn't a fixed camera better than a broken camera?" Now this guy sits across from me, but I didn't actually hear him say it. His cube-mate told me and I almost died laughing. It was out of frustration and once he said that, I believe the man on the other end of the line finally realized he was being unreasonable...Okay, probably not, but in a perfect world, he would've. *grins* And let's not forget about this one, which made me laugh pretty heartily, from my own cube-mate and favorite British woman, my good buddy whom we'll call Eliza. Yes, as in Doolittle. *grins* Come on, I can't use people's real names!! Anyway, so Eliza was trying to convince this guy to upgrade his card and he said he'd upgrade if she'd go on a date with him. *is laughing already* Really? He has no clue what she looks like!! She only has a cool British accent! Not that she's bad looking, but this guy has no clue, right? Anyway, so she rebuttals with something to the effect of, "Instead, I could offer you 25,000 membership reward points!" This is really a nice way of saying, "Piss off! I wouldn't date you, ever! Take this consolation prize instead." *grins* Yeah, that's right, I said, Piss Off! You know, because I'm British by association!


Our other cube-mate in our happy little group of four is a girl with my same name. The other day, she told me that I remind her of her cousin. This is strange because she said I have this girl's same sense of humor and that I laugh just like her. Really? Even my laugh is unoriginal? *goes to jump off bridge* What was funnier is that she shared that this is her favorite cousin who is as morbid as she is...and let's face it, I'm rather morbid too. She shared a story about how one of their second cousins (whom they had never met) had been decapitated when he hit a deer and somehow they found this amusing. (I'm not laughing! I'm not!!) So amusing, in fact, that they made a cheesy homemade video of how he was driving down the road, hit the deer, and then ended up decapitated. My cube-mate was the deer and jumped onto the hood of the car as the cousin pretended to have hit the deer, yanked a hood over her head, and then fell into the passenger seat, apparently dead from decapitation. *laughs wildly* I can picture this cheesy video in my head and it's so amusing! We're trying to convince her to get this video onto youtube.com so we can all watch and laugh. And yes, I will give a link if I get it. Still, my laugh is like someone else's? I thought I was original!!


On a side note, what the hell is up that pastor dude from Florida who wanted to burn the Quran? This is a guy who's supposed to be all Christian-like and yet does exactly the opposite. Hello, people came over on the Mayflower to escape persecution in England. Of course, they settled here and persecuted anyone who was different than themselves and called them witches, but that's neither here nor there! I'm just not sure it's a nice thing to do, especially when we have a ton of guys fighting a war not too many of us want anymore (or ever wanted in the first place). That pastor might as well just get a gun, go overseas, and attack our soldiers himself. He's like jumping around, "Hey Muslims!! Hate me! And my fellow white man! Come and get me, I dare you! Watch me as I make a mockery of what you believe in!! What're you going to do? Get a little suicide bomber to come get me? I'm not scared!" Seriously. The dude is a moron. Personally, I don't believe all the stuff Atheists say, but I'm not running around burning science books on Charles Darwin's birthday or something. It's just lame. And here in the U.S. we let anyone have their freakin' fifteen minutes of fame. I say we burn that moron and call it a day. Moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment