Friday, October 15, 2010

Could this week get any better?

I'm just not sure this week could get any better...No really, Ruler of the Universe/Karma/Fate/What-have-you, I'm being serious...It's a great fucking week. Perhaps someone could come over and give me paper cuts between my toes...That'd make my week the best ever. I am so over this week...I thought Tuesday was bad, but apparently that was like an appetizer for the rest of the week...


Wednesday was the most boring day ever!! Work was slow, which makes the time go by so slowly. Then they offered "down time", which is time where you can use your vacation pay to take time off, but I was on the phone, so I was unable to book it before it was all gone. Damn it! Whatever. The cool part of Wednesday was that we had a potluck. I had brought a sandwich to work with me because I was afraid of the kind of food people would bring. I shouldn't have brought it nor should I have eaten breakfast because it was some scrumptious food!! Seriously! I work with some women who can cook!! I suppose the worst part about Wednesday was that I was tired because I had gone to bed so late and because I kept worrying that the apartment complex people were going to tow away my car because they posted a notice on it once more. I had considered getting it registered in California, but they wanted it to be smogged...Hello, the car doesn't run so it's not going to pass an emissions test! They wouldn't even let me put a "non-op" on it because it's too late. *rolls eyes* So, to that, I said "Eff off Cali!!" I didn't pay for it, so now the complex wants to tow it because of the expired tags and because it doesn't run. I was worried though because if they tow it, then I don't get any money for it, you know? And I'm sure as hell not paying to get it out of impound. I'll turn over the title and be like, "Have a nice freakin' day! I never wanted this piece of shit car in the first place!" Yeah, I was the one, the "voice of reason" if you will, who was like ,"Umm...The car won't start. I'm not buying a car that won't start." Yeah, I still ended up with the piece of shit car!! Bah! *shakes fist* I hate that car! If I won a million dollars and didn't need the money, I'd totally take it to the junkyard and ask for it to be smashed into a little cube. Seriously. However, I'm not rich and that's not an option. It would make for a fabulous ending to a chapter in my life though...*considers this, then smiles* Yes, indeedy, it would make a great ending. Alas, it was these thoughts of not getting anything for my car that kept me awake and made me not the happiest of campers on Wednesday.


Then here comes Thursday. I like Thursdays now because it's my "Saturday," if you will. So, Phoenix and I got up, ran around our apartment like a couple of crazy people and cleaned the place spic-and-span because we had our intake interview for foster care. We passed despite the laundry we had piled on the bed because we had run out of time to hang it all up. We explained it by saying, "Today's laundry day!" She laughed and said she understood. I'm assuming since we don't grow pot in our closet or have a torture chamber in our laundry room, we're golden.


After the lady left, we hung out waiting to go to the movies. We went to see It's Kind of a Funny Story, which was kind of a funny movie. I know, that was kind of a lame joke, huh? Moving on...As we sat here, we played on Facebook. Someone who knows both Phoenix and myself posted a status that said, "Like this and I'll tell the truth to you" or some bullshit like that. Okay, fine...I'll play your silly little game, right? Wrong! I never should've clicked "like"!! Phoenix did and was told nice things. I did it and I was told that I get angry and frustrated too (easily with Phoenix and other people. Oh really now? Perhaps if this person was Mary Poppins (Practically Perfect in Every Way), then I'd say, "Oh...Dang, Mary, that was a bit harsh, but thanks." But it wasn't from Mary Poppins. I didn't appreciate the comment. And when Phoenix confronted the person about it, she attempted to justify her opinion despite the fact she has some serious anger issues. What-the-fuck-ever, is what I have to say. I wasn't pissed about the comment. I was hurt because this is someone I've been nice to and for whom I've gone out of my way for to help when she needed it. I just didn't realize that it was like that, you know? Like it's cool for me to do whatever for this person, but then she's going to talk shit about me on Facebook. I know the truth hurts, but when people grow up, they should realize that just because they have an opinion on something, doesn't mean they should share it with all the world...I'm just saying...Especially when they're the pot calling the kettle black...


So, then I left a comment for my good buddy J-Dawg asking for her to be a reference for me for Foster Care and my sister leaves a comment there, which paints me in a bad light too. I know she was kidding, but um, yeah, not everyone is going to know she's kidding. I didn't say anything because it would only get out of control. Whatever. People want to see me like that, then fine, that's on them. If I'm such a horrible person though, then all you all should leave me the hell alone. Don't be calling me up asking me for help with anything! If I'm such a bad person, why would it even cross your mind to call me or text me for help? Huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. "Heather's the devil. She's so mean and evil. But I need something...I'll call her." Yeah, do me a favor, folks, don't call if you truly think those things about me.


After we went to the movie and I was still reeling from the awful things people were saying, we went to Chipotle for lunch. Just ahead of us in line were two girls, one in like her early twenties and the other in her late teens, with a toddler in tow. In the dining area, there were only a couple of tables taken. One table had a guy from the Halloween store next door who looked super excited to be there as he glared over his soda cup at everyone. Another table had two teenage girls, who were talking far too loudly. And the last table had a girl and a guy sitting side-by-side, looking at the guy's phone. So, we order our food and I asked for a water cup. I got some water and went to sit down only to find the water cup was leaking all over the front of me because there was a hole in the bottom. Really? Whatever. I got a new cup and got water. As we ate, Phoenix and I talked a little, but mostly all we could hear were the two stupid teenage girls. I couldn't believe how loud they were. As I was finishing my burrito, the older girl who had been in front of us in line asked them to talk quieter. This, of course, caused a huge scene. One of the loud girls yelled at her to shut up and went on and on. They argued back and forth, talking shit to each other, as everyone looked on. Then the loud girl called the older girl a, well, a really bad "c" word, which I hate. The older girl called her one back, despite the toddler sitting next to her. Oh yeah, the older girl was dressed in scrubs like she was a nurse or something. Next thing I knew, the girl with the older girl jumped up from her table and got in the face of the the one loud girl who had said that word. The loud girls were packing up to leave, but this girl was all up in her face. I was like, "Really?" WTF? This wasn't in a high school...This was in the real world where there isn't a principal to simply suspend them if they fought...No, here the cops come and take you away. I didn't want to stay and hang out to see how it all played out. I don't dig watching white trash fight. So, I start to pack up. Phoenix thinks I'm some sort of wussy or something because I didn't want to stick around. Yeah, I'm the wussy. No, I'm the one whose wondering if someone's packing a gun...I'm not going to be the one who gets hit with a stray bullet. As we threw away our trash, the younger girls left. It didn't matter, I still wasn't going to hang out. What surprised me was how long it took for the workers to even come out to do anything about it. I mean, do you wait for them to throw blows or do you ask them to leave as soon as they start yelling? Let's be real. Anyway, so we're leaving and going out the front door as this woman with her little kids comes in. Now, there's two doors and we opened one to go out. As I'm walking out behind Phoenix, this woman's kids were shoving into my legs and pushing me to get in and she was pushing past me to go in to as I walked out. Really? She never even said "Excuse me" or correctly her hellions who pushed past me. And we wonder why kids are so bad now-a-days...Because people don't use fucking manners!


So, yeah, I'm over it. People are out of control and I'm not taking the bullshit. Then, to top things off, I posted my car for sale on Craig's List. *rolls eyes* WTF? People are morons. I put in the ad, "It won't start and I don't know why." Why does it say that? BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHY IT WON'T START! Everyone who calls asks, "What's wrong with it?" Umm...It has a flat tire. WTF? And now I'm facing people too who are like, "What do you want for it?" Again, the ad says, "$750 OBO." This means I'd like to get $750 or around there. I've had a few guys offer $300. Idiots. I'm going to end up selling it for that though, I just know it. And it sucks because the car is worth more than that. The body is clean. The interior is in good condition. Do people not read the ad? Let's just hope I get the stupid thing sold...Otherwise, the apartment complex is going to take it away...Cross your fingers, folks...And remember, don't share your opinion just because you have one...Especially if it's about me, because I can only bite my tongue for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment