Saturday, November 20, 2010

And the madness spreads...

I've realized recently that I've become a lousy friend. Some of you guys are already nodding and saying, "Yes, yes you are!" But hear me out, fuckers, before you agree!! I was thinking the other day that it was so easy for me to carry on a long-distance relationship with Phoenix when we were apart. Okay, wait a second...That doesn't sound right. It was hellish carrying on the relationship from afar, but we made it work. But now here I am with friends who are all far away and I've realized that I don't really stay in touch much...And it sucks. I miss some of my friends. Yes, I said some because for others, well, I just don't miss you that much. *grins* I think that above all else, it just goes to show that growing up sucks balls...old, wrinkly, sweaty (pronounced "schweaty") balls. It's just that at the end of my day at work I don't want to talk to anyone...Not my mom...Not my bestest friend in the whole wide world (which, at this point in time, may just be Phoenix)...Not anyone. However, the days go by and suddenly I realize I haven't talked to some friends in over a month or longer...It's not cool. And despite being happy in my relationship, sometimes I think I need friends. At other times, I think I am happy writing and don't need anyone. *grins* I suppose it depends on my mood. So, to all of my buddies who live so far away--You are gone, but not forgotten and on any given day, I just might be missing you! Smooches!


In other news, OH MY GAWD, it was slammed at work today. It's Saturday for the love of all that is holy! Don't people do work during the week??? I had taken fifty five calls by lunchtime, which beats my record of 46 calls by lunchtime on a super slammed Monday. I'm not even kidding, I could barely take a breath between calls. By the time I clocked out, I think I was at 93 calls. Yes, as you can see, it slowed down a bit by the time the evening came...*rolls eyes* Saturdays are normally slow, like slow enough that I could read a book between calls, or as I like to do so much, write! WTF? Don't these people know I'm a writer at heart and their stupid questions are interrupting me!? Apparently, no one cared because it was just crazy busy today. And what gets me is that they were putting through personal card calls to us small business folks today. I don't know shit about personal cards, but I took the calls just the same and attempted to be charming. I got some shitty surveys in, so I need some good ones to balance them out. It's crazy to me though that these surveys count against me when they're like, "You guys rely on credit reports too much. I have great payment history with you, but you can't even increase my line of credit!" Really? I get the shitty survey because of this? Well, fuck you, I say! Or even, "I was transferred to a bunch of departments before someone could fix my problem." Yes, well, I fixed your fucking problem, so don't give me a lousy score! Next time, I won't be so nice! I mean, really...Neither one of these were my fault, but they count against me! Stupid...


Speaking of stupid...Let's get into a couple of my calls from today...Apparently, there was a problem with the system today. So, I got this call from an older lady who wanted to make a payment. As I got her information, because apparently it was too much for her to input her account number and such, I could hear another call going through. It sounded a lot like our prompts to get through to us, but I couldn't be sure. And then I was happy a moment later when it went to hold music and it was The Mamas and the Papas. *grins* So, she wants to make a payment and tells me the amount, but then the account she gave me is wrong, so I need to find the right one. Along the way, I see we had a bad email address for her, so I ask her to confirm it for me. She then started sputtering and saying, "Oh, um, well...Can't you just take my payment?" I said, "Sure, but we send confirmation emails to you, so if the email is wrong, it won't get to you." Then out of nowhere a guy comes on the line and introduces himself, basically, as one of my co-workers. I was like, "WTF?" Well, in my head at least. The woman then starts talking to him. After a moment, I interrupted and said, "Excuse, me, but do you work for (insert company name here) too?" He says, "Yes." I said, "Ma'am, did you make two calls to us?" She says, "No. I just want to make a payment." So, he says he'll let us go, but she yells, "No! You stay. She can go. She asks too many questions." I tell him that I'll go, but he tries to beat me to it, but the old woman insists I don't know what the hell I'm doing, so he says, "Okay..." I hung up. The funny thing was that he was going to have to ask her all the same questions, like her account number, which account she wants to pay on, and what's her email address...Stupid old lady.


Then I got a call from credit for a guy who wanted to get through to our division that handles preferred seating at events. I was all, "Wait...You're in credit?" She laughed, "Yes! Weird, huh?" I agreed and she told me that she had gotten a call for our membership rewards department earlier in the day. Apparently, there are some issues with the system. I told her about how I was in the middle of a call when a second rep came on the phone. She was all, "Are you kidding me? How does that happen?" I said, "I have no clue!!" In the end, I talked to her dude for like thirty seconds, just long enough to provide him with a phone number. It was such a crazy day...


And the last moron I spoke to was a guy who was calling in to book a flight with his Delta frequent flier miles. I said, "Wait...You want to book a flight?" He replied, "Yes. And you can use my miles to pay for it." I said, "If you want to use those, you need to call Delta." He replied, "No, you guys can take them." Ummm...That would be like me going to Walmart and telling them to take Starbucks' gift card because they sell them there...We may give you the miles, but you sure as hell can't use them with us. WTF? He didn't even want to speak to our travel department...He thought I would do it. Yes, because in addition to taking payment, answering ridiculous questions, and trying to sell you shit, I also book travel arrangements. *rolls eyes*


I think I'm going to start counting down until my vacation in December. Christina and I took time off from Dec 9th-19th. Crazy, huh? We're going to go to California and then to Sedona. I think it'll be nice to get the hell away from work and the craziness that goes on there...If it's not the crazy customers, then there are my crazy co-workers to worry about too...Here's an example. So, my boss believes in Chem-trails. Ever hear of these? It's a conspiracy theory. She truly believes in this...I worry for her. Any educated person wouldn't buy this. It's too far fetched. Look up this madness and see for yourself...And, if that's not enough, she's now convincing other people I work with...I will not drink the Kool-Aid though!! I won't! No matter how thirsty I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment