Saturday, February 19, 2011

Before I head off to work...

So, here I am, less than a week before we plan on moving out of our apartment and I sit here looking around wondering how the hell we're going to pull this off. Granted, Phoenix, like myself, is a champion procrastinator, so I'm sure we'll pull it off, but still it's scary. We've been trying to pack things, but it's just crazy. This morning I went to make my lunch for work and I reached over to grab a knife from the knife block only to find the knives had been packed by her yesterday and are already at her mom's house...WTF!? What if I needed a knife??? Luckily, I had my huge butcher knife in the dishwasher, but had I not had that, I would've been up a creek without a paddle. Yesterday, I was in our spare room and noticed that I still have a bookcase filled with books...Where did I get all these books? Do you know how many times I've packed them up and moved them? Okay, so it's only a few times, but seriously...I just keep dragging them around with me. On the other hand, we've made the decision to put our couch, kitchen table, and a dresser up for sale on Craig's List. We're hoping to sell them before the move. That'll save us some moving. Then, of course, once we get a house, we'll need some new furniture...Unless we decide to have a "minimalist" style house, at which point everyone shall sit on the floor...and like it! Yes, I said you will LIKE it. *grins* Moving sucks balls...Especially since we have no clue how long we'll be staying with her mom before getting a house.


Speaking of houses...I got an email last night from the realtor I fired a week ago. *rolls eyes* Can't he just go away? He emailed me and tried to defend himself regarding his suspension from real estate and assured me he's good to go now. Ummm...Yeah, whatever. With his email was a copy of an email he had gotten from the bank from the house I'd made an offer on that stated the house was open for offers again since the person they had counter-offered had declined the offer and walked away...I haven't responded to him. I have seen other houses I've like more than that one. Don't get me wrong...That house was cool, but I have seen more spacious houses that worked better for us. I just found myself wondering last night though, as I read his email, how big of balls do you have to have to be all, "Look, I know it was all kind of screwed up, but can I have your business again?" Seriously, he's got to have some big balls to ask. And the answer is a resounding HELL NO!


We've got this new real estate agent who's a rock star. We told her what we wanted in a house and what our budget is and she's sent us homes that fit our list to a T. She's not even going over a budget, which the old guy did all the time, trying to tell me that there weren't houses that fit our budget. *rolls eyes* I mean, it's crazy to compare the two. She's super motivated to get us a house, whereas he wasted so much of our time. Anyway, here's to hoping this new woman finds us a house soon and we can put all of this behind us. *crosses fingers*


Well, I suppose I should wrap this up and leave for work...I hope the next five months or so go by quickly because once I'm there for a year, I can apply for a new position there. I'm so tired of being on the phones. Some days it's not so bad, but on other days, it's like pulling teeth. I don't know how people are so stupid. I swear, I hear some of the most ridiculous things on the phone and it takes everything in me not to be all, "Are you fucking kidding me? Did you REALLY just say that?" I had one guy tell me, "I don't pay finance charges. I refuse to pay that shit." Great. Let me tell you how to not pay them. Pay in full, on time each month, and you'll NEVER pay "that shit". Another guy told me he should be able to pay us whenever he wants and pay us whatever amount he likes (Minimum payment be damned!) and we shouldn't charge him late fees or finance charges...And if he goes over the limit, we shouldn't charge him for that either! Umm...Wait, what? I wanted to turn around and ask him if it would be okay to go to his business and help myself to whatever services or products he sold and then tell him, "I'll pay you when I want..." I mean, seriously, folks, where do these people come from!? On the other hand, I do talk to some of the nicest people ever who are seriously so sweet and work so hard to keep everything in order and it's a pleasure to speak to them...But then I get those bastards in between who make me want to spend my day pounding my head into my desk.


With that, it's time to head off to work. I'm hoping it doesn't rain on me on my way in. It's supposed to rain today and it looks pretty overcast. I hope it holds out long enough for me to walk to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment