Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thanks for your bad karma...

This morning as I took Phoenix to work, we were chatting about the crazy people I deal with at work and she actually came to the defense of some of the people I was mentioning. Then she brought up an interesting thought-- Perhaps I deal with these jerks because she has created bad karma and I'm the one suffering from it...Allow me to explain.


So, yesterday, I had some people who called in and it was like pulling teeth to get any information from them. Then, when asking questions, they acted like I was some sort of idiot. I actually had one guy call me stupid because I couldn't figure out what the hell he wanted. I mean, if I don't know some information, I'm going to ask for it...you know...like their account number. One woman called in and was all, "I need you to send me another card." Well, what's the reason for replacing the card? Most people say, "I lost my card." Or perhaps, "My card is worn out and the machines can't read it anymore." Not this woman. When I said, "I can send you a new card right away. Can I ask the reason for replacing it?" She sighed like I was asking the world of her. I explained, "Well, if it's lost, then we have to change the last four numbers, but if it's just worn out, we don't." It's two different things. She was like, "Do I really have to tell you the whole story?" Umm...No. Just the part about is it lost or worn out. In the end, it turned out she had left it at a hotel out of the country. I don't care about all the dirty details, just tell me what I need to know! Then there was the guy who gives me his account number after I asked for it like five times because it didn't come through. "But I put it in the phone." Okay, well, I didn't get it. Let's move on to the part where you give me your number, I help you, and you get off my line. He then rattles off the number at light-speed only to have my recorded line to beep in the middle and for his phone to break up, so I get like a few of the fifteen numbers. I ask again and he acts like I'm some kind of moron. (This is the guy who said I was stupid.) He finally gives it to me and it's not even our card--it's a bank issued card that has its own servicing team with that bank. I explain this and he then immediately rattles off another number. Umm...I wasn't ready. This is the part where he said I was stupid. Whatever, jackass. He finally gives me the number and he starts asking about his frequent flyer miles. Why in the hell would I know that when he's not giving me his card that would have miles? Nor did he have a card with us that gave him miles. I explained I could tell him about his reward points, but not that. He demands to speak to someone who knows how to do their job, someone in the rewards department. I told him how many rewards he has and said, "You can call them tomorrow morning and I can give you their number, but they're already closed for the day." He hung up on me. I had another woman a few calls later argue with me for a good three minutes about her account number. "I put it in the phone! All I want to do is make a payment!" Awesome...I still need the account number. "Why can't I just talk to the computer? It said it couldn't find my account and then put you on the line." I'm guessing it couldn't find the account since she was only putting in her last four numbers. I'm just sayin'...Finally, she gave it to me and then complained that it's never taken her so long to make a payment before. Yeah, for me neither.


Here's a few things people don't seem to get...First, if I'm asking for the account number, it's because I don't have it. I don't care if you put it in the phone forty-five times, it didn't come through to me. Give me the damn number and let's move on. Second, I need more than the last four to six numbers on the account. Third, I am not going to steal your information. I like not living in prison and am content with what I have now. Fourth, if I ask questions or seem like maybe I'm asking too many questions, it's because you aren't speaking English or making sense. Perhaps it makes sense in your screwed up mind, but I have no clue what you mean. (If you want to know how much you can spend before we cut you off, then ask that. Don't ask, "What's my balance?" And then ask, "What's my credit line?" And then ask, "Why can't you just tell me what I have left to spend?" We could've cut out a few questions and like 50 seconds of talk-time, which yes, they're keeping track of and you're killing my talk time!) Fifth, don't act like I know you or your account...I talk to anywhere from 80-100 people in a day. I don't know you. I don't know your business. I don't know anything at all. We're strangers and I'm not a psychic so tell me what you want. And if I was a psychic, trust me, American public, I would've gotten the Powerball numbers and retired a long time ago so I didn't have to deal with you people.


Now, with these things in mind, my girlfriend tells me, "I hate when they ask me to repeat myself and then I'll speak really slowly. 'I said, f-o-u-r, s-i-x, e-i-g-h-t...Are you with me still? Four, six, eight, t-h-r-e-e. Did you get the three?' I hate dealing with those people." Thanks, babe, I'm one of "those people". And I fucking hate when people act like that. I'm not stupid. I'm not deaf. But why in the hell do people come in all crazy? If I ask a number, then give me the number. Don't scream it at me. Don't show me how you used to be an auctioneer. I don't care if you can do a really great impression of Six from Blossom (Wow, I'm dating myself, huh? Whoa! *grins*). I don't listen that quickly. Nor do I write or type that fast. If you think it's frustrating that my computer is slow, think how I feel. I'm the one being timed. So, my girlfriend treats these people like crap and since karma cannot get back at her, it comes after me. And she's okay with that...She tells me, "You should write down their account numbers if you can't type that fast." Usually I do write them down, but even then, sometimes I can't keep up. Plus, it doesn't help when people have accents, crying children, are driving down the freeway with their windows down, are on the streets of New York, or at an airport with all that background noise. So, thanks, Phoenix...Thanks for your bad karma. I appreciate it. *rolls eyes*


As a side note to those of you who think Phoenix is a sweet girl who will see the error of her ways and be nicer to "those people", well let me tell you this...It won't happen. She told me, "You'd think I'd be nicer to those people now because of you, right? But I won't! I hate them!" *grins* That's my girl...A hater 'til the end. I think I'll start being really mean to kids who're locked up in a juvenile detention center so karma can pay her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment