Monday, April 18, 2011

Stupid people...*bashes head into desk*

For the love of God, I am so over dealing with people...Mondays are especially hard because I'm just not up for it, but sometimes, it's just too much. If I had to speak to one more moron today, I was going to scream...


Let's start with the biggest bullshit...So, we get surveys at work, just like most other places. The people get to rate the service and then the likelihood that they'd recommend us to a friend. I get a lot of Excellent ratings with a 10 as the likelihood of telling a friend. Over the last month or so, I've gotten a shitload of shitty surveys by bitter mo-fos. Okay, going on and on about how we can't lower your interest rate because you're habitually late isn't going to make it any better and now your shitty survey just cost me bonus money...Thanks. And I'm not kidding. The person literally wrote, "You had no right to raise my interest rate just because I've been late three or four times over the last year." Really? REALLY? *blank face* Oh, okay. Idiot! Another person gave me an Excellent 5 and the reason for the 5, "I don't recommend such things. What a stupid question." Thanks, jackass...You too have cost me money. Or another rating of, Good 4. The comment was, "The service was great. The woman on the phone was fast and efficient Much nicer than others I've spoken to." Seriously? I rocked that call and you give me a "good" which isn't "good" and a 4 which is a detractor, so it takes away from my high surveys. WTF!? Why say nice things and give a shitty rating!? These people are costing me money! I'd been rocking it at the top of my team and I was getting a $600 bonus for the last couple of months. Now, my bonus is SHIT! SHIT, I tell you!! I know, it's a bonus, but I like the extra money!


So, onto the stupid people of the day...I had some difficult calls, but there are two who stand out...The first was an angry woman who was at a location to pick up a temporary replacement card because hers had been stolen. Apparently, someone ordered her a replacement that would be delivered to this location. However, someone dropped ball and no one knew what was going on. I explained it was a temp card and she started freaking out-- "What do you mean temporary? I didn't ask for a temp! What happens when that expires?" I explained it was good for thirty days. This woman went postal about how this was a huge inconvenience and just kept yelling. I finally said, "M'am, I don't know why this was set up like this. I can only see what the notes are on the account. I wasn't on that phone call. I can fix this now and send you a permanent card for tomorrow." Still, she wanted to yell some more. In the end, we did it my way. And she thanked me. What pissed me off the most is that this was a personal card! This woman didn't even have a fucking business card! I don't know how she got through to me! Seriously, woman, stop wasting my time and let me do my job. We could've saved like 20 minutes of time. *rolls eyes*


The caller who took the cake was this old jackass who had been transferred from department to department for no apparent reason. He was demanding to speak to the head of a department that doesn't have a phone number. He had been revoked from pay by phone, which happens if there's a problem with a bank account, like a returned payment, wrong routing number, invalid account, etc...When he was brought into me from another department, the girl tells me, "He's calling about a disputed item on his account. He wants to speak to that department." Well, we take care of setting up disputes and can note them, so I say, "I can help. Bring him on the line." He yells at me because I had to ask for ID from him because the ID didn't follow his account from department to department, so he immediately yells at me. *rolls eyes* Yeah, that makes me nicer. Then I said, "So my colleague tells me you are calling about a disputed item. What's going on?" He flips out-- "Dispute? A dispute?" Then he goes on to tell me how dumb we are and how we don't communicate. I tell him I'm sorry, but I don't know what's going on, so he needs to fill me in. This infuriates him even more. He got a letter from us telling him he had been revoked from pay by phone and he wanted to speak to the person who "signed" the letter. Oh, okay...And I want to speak to the CEO of Capital One about my credit card. It's not going to fucking happen. When I tell him we don't have a phone number for that department and definitely don't have a direct extension for the woman who'd signed the letter, he went nuts! "Are you guys a fraudulent company? You guys are committing fraud! You sent me a letter from someone who doesn't exist!" I said, "I'm sure she exists, but we can't get a hold of her." She probably works out of our NY office and works like 8-4 or something, so she probably wasn't even there when he called anyway. He screamed at me for a good fifteen minutes before I said, "Sir, I can't get that department on the line. There's no number for them." He said, "Give me their number and I'll call them." It took everything in me not to say, "Are you kidding me? What part of 'there's no number for them' didn't you get?" Idiot! I finally called a supervisor because I was at a loss. He just kept yelling. The supervisor was a complete moron. She was all, "Oh, did you see that now you can't use a savings account for payments. There's an issue with that. Did you explain that to him?" I said, "He didn't mention that it was a savings account. He just keeps yelling at me." She repeated herself about four more times before I said, "I saw the update. This was a letter sent out two weeks ago. It's not about this." She then pointed out that she wasn't the woman who signed the letter, so she couldn't help him. What? You're not that woman? Damn it! I was so hoping you were and that by mere chance, I got through! WTF!? Take the call! I cannot handle anymore stupid people. The guy started yelling at me again as soon as I brought the supervisor on the line. She didn't even stop him or tell him she was taking over. She sat back and let him yell at me until I said who she was and hung up. Fuck, if you're a supervisor, then act like it! And if you're a customer, you need to accept that sometimes, you can't speak to the "higher ups". Seriously. *rolls eyes* I'm going to call Sallie Mae and ask to speak to Sallie.


Seriously people...Think before you call and start screaming at someone. One day I'm going to snap and tell someone off. I can't handle this bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment