Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I blame the rogue city worker...

So, the closing of the house has been moved...Last week it was held up, so we couldn't close on Friday like we were supposed to. Then it was held up again this week...Please, allow me to explain.


Last week we were scheduled for the final appraisal so they could submit it to the underwriters so they could say yes or no to the whole damned thing. So, the appraiser guy goes to the house on Wednesday to make sure the air conditioner was installed and that the repairs were made. The repairs they were supposed to make were to fix a drain that didn't drain and a few other things, right? So, the guy goes to the house, sees the AC, so that's good. Then he begins checking the other items...Here's where the problem comes in. Apparently, the city inadvertently shut off the water by mistake. Ummm...What? In my mind, the scenario went down like this: A rogue city worker decided to shut off random people's water at their houses. So, there he is, in the neighborhood of the house I'm trying to buy, and he's rubbing his hands together, evilly, saying, "Bwahahahaha, whose water shall I turn off?" Then he spots the appraiser dude walking inside the house. He allows the guy to get inside and then is all, "That house! That one right there!!" He then approached the house to shut off the water. The appraiser, once inside, checked out the AC and then goes to the sink to check for a leak. As he approached the sink, the guy was outside, laughing wildly at his mischief he was about to commit. The appraiser was about to turn on the sink when he dropped his pen, so he stopped to pick it up before turning on the water. Just as he was went to turn it on after picking up the pen, the city worker pulled out a tool and turned off the water! The appraiser then twisted the knob for the sink and saw that not a drop came out. He then said, "Oh well...Break time." And proceeded to bust out a thermos of coffee and had a quick cup of coffee instead of checking out the repairs. Meanwhile, outside the city worker laughed wildly once more and then headed to his truck as his day's work was complete. The appraiser then submitted paperwork showing the water had been shut off and he couldn't do a damned thing.


So, Wednesday afternoon, I get a message from the bank telling me what happened. My realtor also called to explain it to me. I couldn't do anything about it, so whatever. We hoped there was still a chance it would close on Friday, but of course, it didn't. Then on Friday afternoon, I got a call from the loan processor woman who is like the go-between for my bank guy and the underwriter and she tells me, "So, there's been some trouble. The appraiser couldn't do the appraisal because the water had been turned off by accident." Umm...Hi, you're a day late and a dollar short. WTF? This woman is always five steps behind. She promised everything was on rush and hopefully, we'd close this Friday. Awesome. Let's just get this shit done!


Fast forward to Monday...I get an email from the bank guy who says, "We are in Final underwriting as we speak! Nothing official yet, but from what I can peek at, it looks good." Obviously, I allowed myself to get a little hopeful because maybe we're moving forward...HA! Today I get an email from the bank to tell me that some information the underwriter needed concerning my credit report didn't get passed along to her, but he got it to her. (Thanks Processor lady who is always running behind for not passing the info along!) Then it appeared the repairs that were supposed to be done, weren't. WTF!? How hard is it to fix a drain and some other BS? The listing agent told my realtor that they had been done, but the appraiser guy had pictures to prove that shit hadn't gotten done. O to the M to the G. Are you kidding me? Everything is once again on hold. The listing agent called the repair guys to send them back out to fix everything and then once they're done, the appraiser guy is supposed to go back...yet again. Then it'll go to the underwriter again, then my loan processor lady will do the quality control check on it, then they'll draw up the papers, then it'll go the title company and then I can sign the papers once they make an appointment with me. Seriously? And they were hoping we'd be done by this Friday. Not going to happen, I say. My realtor ended up sending me a new paper to sign saying I'm okay with closing on the 22nd. I signed it and faxed it back right away because if it closes later than Friday without this, they could get us for breach of contract and it'll all be over with. *grits teeth* This isn't the way it's supposed to go...I just know it!! So, maybe by the 22nd I'll get to move into my house...They accepted my offer and we started all this bullshit on March 8th. I'm over it all.


Lots of you people have bought houses...How many went through this bullshit? I asked my realtor, "Is this normal? Is this what happens all the time?" She wrote back, "No, this isn't the norm." Good to know. I hope to hear something soon. Please keep all your fingers crossed for me. I need good thoughts, good luck, and all that jazz...Otherwise, I'm going to end up moving into some shitty apartment or house and paying far too much for rent.

1 comment:

  1. Friday the 22nd is Good Friday, so I am confidant that God in Heaven will be looking upon you (notice I did not type "down" on you?)and give you His blessings on this house. The clouds will part, birds will sing, Heather will be happy, and all will be well with the world. I love you sweetie and am praying for you through all of this.
    Hugs~ yo momma

    ReplyDelete