Monday, September 17, 2012

Don't call me Mister!!

So we all know that it's oh-so-funny that at times I've been called "sir" or whatever. Hahaha, yeah, I'm Peppermint Patty. hahaha, it's so funny I can't stop laughing. *straight face* I get called sir on the phone constantly and I get it--I don't have an ultra girly voice. I'm not a huge fan of my voice, but it would take too much effort to change it, so I deal with it. I do, however, get a little pissed off when people call me "sir" to my face. If you look at me, I am clearly a girl. And this happened long before I ever chopped off my lovely locks, so don't say, "It's because you have a boy hair cut." It's not. People are just stupid. My experience today though has pushed me over the edge...And maybe it's because it's a very off Monday, like the kind where we were strangely not busy, and it left me to my own devices...which is NEVER a good thing. 


When I got home from work today, I got a phone call from Trafford Publishing. I had made the mistake of talking to them about their self-publishing "deals". *rolls eyes* If I'm putting up a couple thousand dollars of my own money, I should be able to earn that back through book sales and someone should edit my shit for me...I'm just sayin'. And their comeback all the time is, "It's not about the money. It's about getting your story out there." Yes, and to earn money, you idiot! I don't want to answer phones all my life. I would love for this to be my livelihood! So, the lady who used to call, Beth, apparently gave up on me. Then some other guy called a few times and I said, "Stop calling." They didn't. For the last two months, Joseph has been calling. Today, he called again and for the second time, he said, "I'm calling for Mr., um...Miss Heather (insert last name here)." Dude, no. You don't get to call me Mr. when Heather is clearly a female name. And twice now he's done this. As soon as he left his voice mail, I knew he'd also email me (This is how they work.), so I decided I'd email him back. Here's what I wrote:


Dear Joseph,
       I have already asked repeatedly to be taken off the list you guys have. I have decided to go another route to publish my book and not just because you guys expect me to fork over a large sum of money, but also because you guys have lousy royalty rates. I know, you're going to come back, like the others I've spoken to before you, and say that it's not about the money. To that, I say, you're right...To a point. I'd love to get my story out there for people to read, but I'm not going to go broke doing that. If after pouring my heart and soul into writing a story I decided that I wanted absolutely nothing all in return, I'd publish the damn thing on my blog and call it a day.
       Also, Joseph, I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate people calling you "Miss" or "Ma'am" and I sure as hell don't appreciate you saying that you're calling for "Mr. um...Miss Heather (insert last name here)." If you can't even read your list ahead of time while dialing me to know I'm a female, I REALLY don't want to work with your company because obviously you don't pay any attention at all to detail. This is twice now that you've done the same thing on my voice mail. Stop calling.

Thanks,
MISS Heather (insert last name here)

Perhaps that's a bit harsh, but really. If I had his boss' email address, I would've CC'ed him/her as well because this guy is a complete moron! This about sums up how I feel today. At work, I made someone's list of annoying people. When she asked if she should pencil or pen me in, I said I wanted to be penned in. In fact, I asked if she had a permanent list because I wanted to be "sharpied" onto that list. Bwahaha! Yup, I'm in the mood to be a punkass. Don't say you weren't warn.


In other news, I got the interview for the other job at work. I go in on Thursday for it and I'm SERIOUSLY nervous. My boss says I'll do fine while I think he's actually feeding me to the wolves. We shall see how this goes. Wish me luck and all that stuff...


1 comment:

  1. Luck and all that stuff...while I'm at it, I'll say a prayer too cuz I love you like that!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete