Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spinning wheels...

I'm scheduled for an interview for a coaching position at my work and I'm now wondering why they would even hire me since my survey scores keep dropping. I haven't started doing anything different on the phone and yet my scores are plummeting faster than the stock market crashed back in '29. (That's right, this English major also knows some history! What's up now, mofos?) I'm not even kidding. It's not like I took up telling people, "You got the late payment fee because you're a deadbeat who doesn't pay on time. Thank you, drive thru." Let's be real...I still kiss ass like I've always done because that's what the American Society expects. The second I point out that mailing the payment the day before it's due is not acceptable, I get jumped all over about how it's not their fault, but the fault of the Postal Service. Yup, it's the USPS's fault that you mailed it 12 hours before the due date and you really thought it would make it across five states that quickly. *rolls eyes* I do what I can to waive fees trying to soothe them because we've created a society of "It's not my fault." Whatever. I do what I can and then these morons who can't even click the right button to submit a payment online or dial their card number into the phone hold my livelihood in their hands as they click to answer questions about how well I helped them. And when they say I've been "awesome" all the way across the board, but then rate me the wrong number, someone should catch that and it shouldn't count. I'll take the bad scores when the people have something to complain about, but when they fill them out saying I'm great, but then choose the wrong corresponding number, there's a problem. You can't say "You got an A for your letter grade and a -43 for your number grade." They don't correspond!! BAH! I HATE THIS SYSTEM!!! 


So, now that I'm going down quicker than the number of supporters for Romney after his idiotic statements about 47% of the US population, I'm flipping out because I'm supposed to be interviewing for this job and my numbers are horrible. And to top it off today my boss' boss instant messages me and tells me that they are signing me up for a workshop at my work. I think the workshop should be renamed, "I'm a big fat loser who's number suck and I'm skating on thin ice." I think they didn't like that name though because it's a bit long...I'm working on it. But seriously...These are people who have been backing me for this position and now they're like, "So...There's this workshop that you should *cough, need, cough* to take." *rolls eyes* Great. Because I love being listened to all day like my phone is being tapped by Big Brother and I want people saying, "Oh! You know how you could've made that call better?" And the answer is NEVER, "Drink a martini while talking to them?" It's also NEVER, "I should've told them to grow a pair and act like an adult?" I never know the answers to their questions...



Does anyone else feel like they're spinning their wheels? I am not in a position I should be. I'm too damn smart to sit there taking people's shit all day. I am so afraid that one day I'm just going to be like, "Fuck this shit" and I cannot let myself get there. I love my co-workers...Well...most of them and not you...Yes, you! The one reading this. I don't like you, but the rest are cool. haha But seriously, I like them and I don't want to not work with them, but I want a different job. The phones are going to make me lose my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment