Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oooohhh...Starbucks!

(Sorry to those of you who read this on my other blog...I logged into the wrong one earlier and posted it. My bad.)
I got a phone call this morning from a number I didn't recognize and I found myself hoping that it was Walmart calling to hire me. That would've been nice, huh? But no, it was a girl from Starbucks. I have an interview tomorrow at Starbucks at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Of course, it can't be a regular Starbucks, but whatever...They're hiring for an assistant manager, which would be cool. I'm down with that. I wouldn't look forward to driving so far from home (It's like a thirty minute drive.), but it might be better money than Walmart, if I even got that job or get this one for that matter...Seriously though...Starbucks! It'd be nice for them to pay me for a change because God knows I've paid them enough over the years!!



After setting up my interview, I called around to mobile mechanics in the area to see how much it would cost to get a guy to come here and look at my car to tell me what's wrong with it. Apparently, it'd cost, at the minimum, $45 for the cheapest guy to come out. Mostly, I was quoted right around $75. Plus, they charge anywhere from $25-$60 an hour, except one guy who said $75 an hour. And out of everyone, only one guy said that they put the $75 towards repairs if I decided to have him fix it. I get it...They're a mobile service, so I'm paying for them to come to me, but seriously, that's a bit pricey. Had they said, "I can come out for twenty bucks..." then I would've taken it because I don't know what the problem is on my car!! After getting frustrated with that, I looked my car up online to see where the starter is located on it because maybe I can get it off to get it tested. Apparently, I cannot search Google for a "piece of shit Buick" and find my car...Can't blame a girl for trying, right?


So, yeah. I went downstairs and looked at my car. Something is now draining the battery, which is not something that makes me happy. I went over the connections and tried starting it again, but nothing. I stood in front of my car for a while with a hammer in my hand pondering the outcome if I took the hammer to it...I opted not to hammer anything though because a rather large group of Chinese men were walking by on their way to pilot school...And they all looked at me in their judgmental Chinese way from behind their pilot's glasses...I was tempted to say something to them in German (I assume they understand some English.), but I wasn't sure that they might not know a little German since other cultures encourage the learning of multiple languages...I didn't want to bust out with some lousy German, calling them fat cows or something, only to find the one Chinese guy who speaks German as a second or third language, which would be my luck. (I was considering mowing down a group of these guys the other day as I tried to turn into the apartment complex...Obviously, in China, it must be acceptable to walk in front of cars in the middle of the road whilst pushing shopping carts filled with water, Gatorade, and bags of rice...I didn't want to be someones bitch in jail though, so I drove around them.)


I turned my stuff in for examiner.com. I will find out shortly what the next step is. I think that once I start that, I will probably lose the second blog, which is why I haven't been doing much on that one. Also, I have put together my bio and cover letters to send in with my manuscript. I found two publishers I am going to try to go through first. The one, Alyson Books, is big. If you go to the Barnes and Noble's gay section, they are the number one publisher there. I'm aiming high here. I have also outlined the sequel to the novel I wrote, which sucks...Last night I was driving to Phoenix's work when out of nowhere I got this picture in my head of how the second book should go and it's not really close to what I've been writing, which means I'll probably be scrapping the 65 or so pages I already wrote...Eh, at least it's not handwritten, huh? I think this new idea is better than what I had already though. We'll see how that goes.


That's it for me. Be looking for my blog tomorrow where I'll tell you how I once more claimed my education was for naught and that I will be happy to serve coffee to the public. Should make for good times!! Not to mention that it's a rare day that I find my way into and out of Phoenix Sky Harbor without a problem...And a big thanks to those of you who have shared my blogs with others. It is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment