Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Murphy's Law in Action...

You guys know what Murphy's Law is, right? The whole, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." Anyway, I believe I should officially change the name of that to "Heather's Law". No, really, nothing applies to my life more than that statement right there. Nothing ever goes as planned, even when I make preparations in case things go wrong, they will go wrong in an unforeseeable way...


As if to prove once more that this is the way of my life, the Universe bitch-slapped me again. I've been waiting for two months for my stuff to be posted with the California Teaching Credential people, right? I was told it would take about 4-6 weeks, but to keep checking it because it could go quicker. I kept checking, but nothing was happening. I emailed the woman who was taking care of my file at the campus I had attended, but she never emailed back. (Apparently, she never got it...*rolls eyes*) Yesterday, I finally called to raise hell. She pulled my file up in the computer and saw where she had sent it in on my birthday (August 12th for those of you not in the know), but it showed that the woman on the main campus who double checks the files before sending them to the CTC never received it. Umm...How does that happen!? And why my file? The woman from the local campus seemed surprised, so I get the feeling that it was only my file and not say everyone's files sent in that particular week. Of course, I got the typical excuses of, "We were having fax problems and then the woman at the main campus moved offices. Plus, with the whole name change of the university..." *rolls eyes* Seriously. If you're going to make excuses, make them something good like, "Aliens came down and stole your file because it exemplified how great students could be..." Or at the very least, tell the truth, "She used your file as a coaster for her coffee and subsequently spilled it all over to the point that she couldn't read your name. Our bad."


Such is life, right? I hate my life sometimes...Especially times like now when I have to get ready for work. I don't belong at Walmart...you know, in case you didn't know that yet. *grins* Yesterday my boss thought it was cool to yell at me some more...I threw attitude right back. I don't appreciate being yelled at and I'm sure as hell not going to stand for it. I'm going to be talking to the assistant store manager on Friday about my schedule because she wants to give me more hours and I think we're going to talk about this guy's attitude problem. I'm also having issues with people being jackasses for no apparent reason, like the woman yesterday who yelled at me because the meat she wanted sliced thinly was falling apart. Of course it is, you moron, it's freakin' oven roasted turkey breast and she wanted it just above being "shaved"! BAH! She made a huge deal out of it and then made me cut it again...So, when I made it slightly thicker, she yelled again. I wanted to tell her, "Look, I'm sorry you're such a miserable (insert bad word here), but it's not my fault that you're cold and your husband hates you and your kids never call home anymore. Nor is it my fault that your kids all moved out the day they graduated from high school and you haven't met all 19 of your grandchildren. Perhaps if you were nice people like you are to your cats, people would like you more." Of course, I only said, "Sorry ma'am. I hope you have a great day and thanks for your patience." *rolls eyes* I wonder how long before I get my first customer complaint...

No comments:

Post a Comment